Lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Peeps

Bit new to all this but here goes. I have just rwired the lighting circuit in my bungalow using the junction box method. I have run a 1.5mm cable from my consumer unit to my first light and so on and so forth to my last light. I connected the cable in the consumer unit and all is fine. i have noticed reading on this site that the lighting curcuit should be on a 6A MCB when i checked in my consumer unit i had connectd my lights on to 32A MCB. I swapped the wire as needed and tried the lights. As soon as i hit the first switch it tripped the RCD. I have checked all my wiring and cannot find a fault. If i put the wire back in a 32A MCB all is ok.
Where am i going wrong any help much appriciated

Thanks Lee :confused: :confused:

Sponsored Links
Helo mate

No i haven't tested with a meter it just dosnt make any sense all the wiring is ok don t understand

thanks Lee

Would having my neutral fitted to the rcd side of the neutral and not just the normal neutral give me my problem?

Cheers Lee :eek:

Sponsored Links
HI

Thanks brezer swapped the neutral and put the feed on a 6A MCB all ok now

Tanks for the advice Lee :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back