Lightwave RF Smart Relay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

New member here but wonderd if anyone had experience in wiring up the LightwaveRF smart Relay switch. We have a Grundfos Gold Pump whose job is to constantly coirculate HW around the house. This was on a timer which has since broken so the pump was constantly running and wasting HW. I plan on using the smart switch to set schedule, turn off when no one in the house etc…

Having wired up (mains Live to L, Neutral to N, Switched Live to COM and Neutral to NO), the unit switches on and pairs with app - i can switch it on and off and the status light reflects this. However, no power is actually delivered to the pump (using voltage detector, I can see that power is coming into the switch but not out).

If I simply join the wires without the switch, the pump works fine….

Would appreciate any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?

Sponsored Links
Having wired up (mains Live to L, Neutral to N, Switched Live to COM and Neutral to NO)

Do you mean you have the neutral of the load in Normally open, and the line of the load in common? with no other connections to those terminals? Thats not how it works, its just a dry switch contact, you need to confirm the contact is suitable for 240v and the load of the pump, then link common to the incomming line, connect your load with the line to NO and neutral to the incomming neutral

Thanks Adam for the quick response… I was hoping it would be a straight replacement of the old mechanical timer (otherwise will get an electrician) - what you say makes sense to carry the live to Com to provide the input power. The pump is 50W and the switch is rated to 500W

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back