Looking at a new combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I am looking to replace a ideal logic 24 due to age, heat exchanger leaking and poor modulation rates.

My home is only a small 2 bed around 60sq meters built late 90s with 6 rads in total. I will calculate the kw/btu of them shortly but the output is pretty low, 600x700 t11, 600x600 t11, 600x1100 t21, 600x800 t10, 600x900 t1 and 600x1000 towel radiator.

I understand the lowest my logic will go to is 4.9kw, looking to replace this with something which will go lower, currently unable to get anywhere close to a 20c differential between flow and return even after balancing the system.

Happy with the water output from the 24kw combi.

I will be on a tight budget to replace this so looking at the lower end boilers.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I would say Main boiler or Ideal….plumbers seem to like them, they get reviews on forums and YouTube…..the pros on here may give you better / alternative advice

There was another brand somebody recommended on here that was both budget and had decent modulation rates….can’t remember who it was now

Boilers I have seen are the vokera easi heat i, glow worm compact, another ideal logic but different name, wb 1000, main eco compact/baxi 424, vokera excel i and glow worm micracom.

Thanks for your input Notch7, I am put off by another ideal due to nothing in the menu system to limit the output etc. I will look into the main with a bit more detail.

Sponsored Links
Another thing to note is my system is all piped in copper and all the radiator pipework comes out of the skirting boards in 10mm copper. Everything works great no problems. I didn't know if this would make any difference?

Fit another Logic with Open therm control.
Boiler you have, keep it for parts that are working.
No brainer.

Logic plus is 10 year warranty

Fit another Logic with Open therm control.
Boiler you have, keep it for parts that are working.
No brainer.

Logic plus is 10 year warranty
My budget won't go to a logic, I would be looking at a more budget version such as the instinct. My understanding the newer logic still can't be range rated etc?

My mate got rid of an old boiler last week. Had it over 25 years.

Best thing he ever did. He is now single again!!

Reactions: DP
My budget won't go to a logic, I would be looking at a more budget version such as the instinct. My understanding the newer logic still can't be range rated etc?
The open therm imparts more precise control
Personally do not see it being much of an issue ideal turn down ratio
30 years has taught me by cheap boiler pay through the nose for parts and after care. Cheap for a reason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back