Massive Oil Profits

This reports was in the FT newspaper in the last quarterly of 2005.

It too complicated to explains the way the tax system works, even for me!

It's to do when they buy the crude oil prices off-shore in dollars in which the oil companies & the government also profit well including when Blair & Bush start mentioning a war!!!!! Everytime when crude oil prices goes up the government profit tremulously. I'm afraid it's a clever ruthless game and the government don't even give it back to the customers. You would not believe the figures, I have seen some paper work where the noughts run off the A4 paper sheets!! It goes like this,

£1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

I can give you one example last November the crude ship came to the jetty to off-load in the UK, just started to pump it off and was told not to off-load as the Russian has decided to buy it off us at 4 times the amount what the UK has paid for it! The tax would have to be paid in the UK even it was for outside business.

What the point of making petrol when the profit on it is wafer thin? The reason they do it because of the sheer volume of quantity demands is there and the big profit is in oil & gas.

Like I says it's too complicated

Sponsored Links
empip said:
Don't think that would work somehow...

But, perhaps all Govn. payable pensions should be capped at the national average pay level, current at retirement. .. Anything higher should be self funded.
:?:

My hubby actually works for the Govt but his pay is cr@p and so are the hours that he puts in. Sometimes we don't see him from 5am until 9pm and that's more often than not and he also regularly works a 6 day week - all for less than £30K a year - and that's with 17 years in his job.

He was in the armed forces before the job he's in now and therefore I feel that he has worked for his pension - we are hoping he still gets one ( :confused: ) but he won't get it until he has passed 60 anyway. Most of the guys who have retired from his place still have to work to subsidise their pensions so it's not a case of all govt. workers getting a cushy deal.

Sponsored Links
Back