METER UPGRADE & PME PROVISION

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have requested that pme be provided by my local network people ( Central Networks - Im in Bristol). They have requested a payment of 99 quid in advance. Does this sound about right?

Secondly...Ive requested a meter upgrade via my electricity billing supplier who have passed me onto the contractor who deals with this.
They are requesting a payment of 40 quid to upgrade. At present I have an old analogue thing which as per the sticker on it should have been due for replacement back in the late 80's. They will only replace foc if there is a fault. Any comments on this cost?

Sponsored Links
If the meter is really old (rotary dials) tell the REC you want to fit a big electric cooker and a replacement shower and the old one is simply past it. Tell them they have an obligation (can't remember the act, anyone?) to replace your meter after X years anyway.

Sponsored Links
Result!

I had a thought last night.......

the old (but allegedly still ok to be in service) meter Is only a single rate 'un.
Rang the supplier this morning and enquired all about cheap rate economy 7 who quoted exactly the same price per unit for 'daytime' usage as I was going to get but with the additional cheap off peak rates.
It went like this...
she said:...nothing needs to be changed at your end for this we just invoice appropriately.....Oh you have got a dual rate meter?
me: nope
she said:...that will have to be changed then, let me just check if any charge will be made...................No thats free.
me: Thank you he he

Loverly Jubberly, I'll also get em to connect it onto my new cu & tails at the same time.

Also had the boys out to change the incoming fuse & provide pme yesterday. Their office wouldnt let the pme work be COMPLETED until Id paid.
In reality this meant them not connecting a piece of 15mm earth from their connection point to my cu. Made me smile.
Im smiling a lot recently!!

Cheers yalll!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back