Miele W504 - fills, tumbles, then drains then fills then drains constantly.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I'm stumped. I've done lots of repairs on this washing machine but this one has got me. Miele W504 fills, tumbles, drains then fills then drains. It then stays in this fill-drain cycle forever more There is some clicking from the water path control valve but this was cleaned and lightly lubricated with silicone grease recently. Some wear to the plastic gear teeth but not excessive. No fault code or light. Inlet filter is clean. Outlet hose is not submerged causing siphon effect. Inlet water flow rate good. Discharge pump and hoses and suds box at back all clear and clean. New inlet water valve. Not sure where to look next.

Any suggestions welcome.

Phillip

Sponsored Links
Controler just starts again in a loop. Maybe that needs replacing although I'd expect an error code

Does it work ok in spin or drain and spin only mode or is it the same in all modes
I can't check now annoyingly. I''ve just had the front off to ensure that everything was definately clear and see also that the water path selector was working but now when I switch it on, it just keeps draining even though it's empty. I left it for 20 mins to see if it would stop but didn't. It's like it's no stuck in part of a cycle and doesn't know what it's doing.

Sponsored Links
Does it work ok in spin or drain and spin only mode or is it the same in all modes
I can't check now annoyingly. I've just had the front off to ensure that everything was definately clear and see also that the water path selector was working but now when I switch it on, it just keeps draining even though it's empty. I left it for 20 mins to see if it would stop but didn't. It's like it's no stuck in part of a cycle and doesn't know what it's doing.

Just saying this. You may already know..
Lights can be a fault code. Some lights on and some off can be looked up online.

Also there are engineer program modes. Machine runs through everything in about 5 or 10 minutes and stops when he gets trouble. I've not had much luck in finding these engineer running codes online. You get them by pushing buttons in certain order...

So the original fault has gone into second place and the new fault it 'check drain light' and the drain pump runs continuously. This may have been something to do with me cancelling it mid way through whatever cycle it was stuck on previously, and then dissassembling the water control path valve to sheck it wasn't stuck. So perhaps the machine doesn't know what part of what cycle it was on. I've tried switching it off, then turning the dial to finish, then back on again. This does not clear the drain fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back