Minimum Distance from Boiler before fitting Speedfit?

Sponsored Links
POP..umm is this quite likely or not! I mean its seems very common to use this install method?? I like copper but if two plumber's quoted for a job which one would get the job, the 100% copper guy or the duel material fix guy at his cheaper price?
The Copper guy, because chances are he's the only plumber out of the two.

To put it better he's more than likely a good plumber where's the other one knows how to push pipes together.

Sponsored Links
Hello,
I have a Greenstar Heatslave 18/25 combi, whats the best distance from the boiler before it being possible to change to plastic?? Bosch-Worcester say "Do not use plastic pipework on sealed systems"!!

Are they covering their ass or is this perfectly true for this boiler in sealed system?
Thanks
Hello Mike

What was the outcome?

so what i have got from this thread is you cannot use plastic fittings within a metre because if there is a double fault, i.e., the over heat stat and the pressure relief valve both fail the plastic fittings will fail due to the heat and the pressure. LOL, so you guys would rather have the boiler blow up than a plastic fitting fail. Got to love your devotion to copper.
I have encountered PRVs that do not lift at badged pressure but will eventually give at say 4 or 4.5 bar
Most heating systems are I believe minimum 6 bar rated.
As the system pressure increases so does the boiler point of system water.
My preference would be high temperature high pressure discharge via the PRV to external instead of plastic pipe failing and covering me in boiling water that is more than 100 degree C

Kevplumb has been away for many many years
Lot of what has been posted is no longer valid.
Manufacturers recommendation takes priority.

Resurrecting an old post not a good idea. Take from it what you want, regulations, specifications and recommendations do change with time. Post was started in 2007, 17 years later plastic is a go to pipe for most. Majority of the plumbers used to plastic might not be able to use a pipe bender and copper pipe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back