Motor controller

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a honey extractor with a three phase motor that has a vfd run off 240v single phase
I need a backup drive on hand due to the nature of the job

I have one of these now ready to install

cheap vfd

It has a myriad of functions but all I need is a simple on /off and speed control on the dial.

The instructions are in Unhelpful Chinglish, and insistant upon setting up un-needed programs

You Tube doesnt seem to realise my requirements are the absolute basic either
Just using the run button /speed dial on the front is fruitless.

Is there a simple way to override all this?

Last edited:
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
just had a play about
I get 240v across the input terminals
I get a wildly fluctuating voltage of 0 to (sometimes) 160 but average 35v across twos of the three outputs
This is with the dial in any position from minimum to maximum
The display reads 50 hz when running or stopped
Faulty?

Sponsored Links
Have you set up the parameters as appropriate to the motor you are using with it?

These devices are not plug in and they magically work - they must be configured for the particular motor and how you intend to use it,

TBH no I havnt partially because the instructions are not particularly beginner freindly.
I would have thought I would get a steady voltage at the terminals though, without setting a profile first.
The rating is 750 w and the motor is about half that.

vid

This guy has a similarly cheap one that appears to run straight from the box giving the function I require

TBH no I havnt partially because the instructions are not particularly beginner freindly.
I would have thought I would get a steady voltage at the terminals though, without setting a profile first.
The rating is 750 w and the motor is about half that.

Configuration will be rate of speed change, current limit, and maybe other minor setting, but straight out of the box, I would expect it to drive your motor on the default settings.

Me too
Thanks for the thoughts
I think it must be a dud-got what I paid for....

Usually you wont get sensible readings from a VFD without the motor connected, and some dont like that at all and will fault or even become damaged. Have you tried it with the motor?

There might be a setting required to use the front panel speed adjustment, though I'd have thought it would use that by default.

Yes it is wired(correctly)to the motor -it won't spin.It works fine with the existing controller
Thanks for the input.

Ha! -see what I did there!!!

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back