MS Office on google and many sites for £10-£25

You can get more Google space (100gb) for under £2 a month, Google Drive also has word/spreadsheet facilities.
Open Office/Libre Office are both good free competitors to the MS Office offering, check them out as they may do
what you need.

Sponsored Links
I have no principled objection to paying for software licences.

TO BUY, NOT RENT.

I sympathise with your sentiment, but do you believe that a firm selling a product should be obliged to provide perpetual security updates?

You can get more Google space (100gb) for under £2 a month, Google Drive also has word/spreadsheet facilities.
Open Office/Libre Office are both good free competitors to the MS Office offering, check them out as they may do
what you need.

Point taken, but that is £24 PA. Yeah it is way cheaper than a £60 license for the MS personal version but you get 5 times less storage space. That said, I haven't used open office. I have used the free ThunderBird email client

So you get 500gb with office?
Do you need that much space?

Most of the time I use google drive for office functions, and thats on the basic 15gb account.

Sponsored Links
So you get 500gb with office?
Do you need that much space?

Most of the time I use google drive for office functions, and thats on the basic 15gb account.

No you get 1000gb. If you have Office 365 Home, that equates to 6x1000gb.

Annoyingly, initially they offered unlimited storage space but eventually dropped it to 1000gb per user.

Do I need 1000Gb, possibly not but the photos from my phone that are backed up to the cloud are probably more than 16gb. I am really disorganised and don't get around to deleting stuff I no longer need. Having checked, I am only using about 50Gb of space at the moment. Some of that space is occupied by items on my desktop.

You can't trust those sites.

How did you not know?

I have seen many dodgy licenses sold on Ebay. Some organisations get licences from MS as education institutions. They will sell a one off licence for something silly like a tenner. When MS revoke those licences, the buyer is screwed and may find that they cannot remove their MS account from the system. Years ago, she what scowls at me decided to end her office subscription (shortly after she kicked me out). I found myself unable to untie my existing MS email account to a new subscription account until I begged her to unsubscribe me.

The dodgy organisations- do you really think that they will untie your account?

There seems to be people who pay and people who don't. I've had Microsoft software since Windows 3.1 (or whatever needed 17 3.5"discs to upload) and never paid for it.

I suppose that's why I have £1,035 in the bank and bill gates has £89,999,999,965.

I do wonder why, presumably when these days they could easily shut down every unlicensed copy connected to the internet, they don't.

Last edited:
I do wonder why, presumably when these days they could easily shut down every unlicensed copy connected to the internet, they don't.

It gets people hooked on MS, which might eventually pay off, in people forking out to MS for the product. Just as the provide cheap/free copies of the OS, to get people on the hook.

Open office is really good. I never went back to MO after using it...

Sponsored Links
Back