My first 17th edition CU

Yep, I've been using those 'new' blanks for ages.

The other type I was thinking of were slightly different to those. I don't think I've seen them round these parts

Sponsored Links
Glad to be of service!

Thanks for the most scintillating conversation about Hager blanks I've had in ages! ;)

Mrs Secure doesn't like it when I talk "sparky"... :LOL: :LOL:

BTW the type you use is VG01B. The other type I've pictured (I believe) are VG01C.

Hi RF,

Nice job there as always.

I've got a question though which you may be able to answer for me, with the Hager 17th edition boards you can get an extra neutral bar which would allow you have have some rcbo's after the main switch. Do you know if they supply you with an extra neutral cable and where does it connect to as the main switch looks a bit crammed already with two neutral cables attached to it.

Cheers
Dan

Not entirely sure on that. I don't generally do domestic work, I was just subbing for a mate on that job.

I'm sure there will be someone on here who knows though.

Sponsored Links
Looking good RF.

I am surprised that more manufacturers haven't adopted the larger style of blanks, the ones most supply can be quite easily popped off with little effort, revealing the live teeth of the busbar :evil:

Square D have really let themselves slip blanks-wise recently :(

Danny

Always plenty of room in a Hager board. Last ones I've got have been from Eddies - you have to order the extra neutral bars and leads. Hager Technical will tell you which ones depending on your set up and will even provide you with a little diagram showing you what goes where. Last one I did had six MCB's on each RCD and two RCBO's. Short lead from incomer to short neutral bar.

Need to make sure you get the leads with preformed D shaped ends to fit in neutral bar holes and rectangular at the other end to fit in incomers. That way they fit as the rectangular ends don't fit in the round neutral bar holes however hard you try.

Hager Technical very helpful and respond to emails within minutes quoting you all the right part numbers for you to order.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back