New Triton shower leaking from bottom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a brand new Triton Aspirante of Feb this year and it has started to drip quite rapidly from a tiny hole underneath the unit next to the hose connector. The only thing I have changed is a new filter shower head from Amazon that takes out all the chlorine and other muck. I have changed it back to the original shower head that came with the Triton and it is vastly reduced but still drips a little.

Any clues as to what is happening and why has it failed so soon ?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20240709_094716_edit_330752396206822.jpg
    IMG_20240709_094716_edit_330752396206822.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 58
Sponsored Links
If it was one of those shower heads with the little beads in the handle, they are very restrictive and will have broken the PRD diaphragm. Spares are available from showerdoc.com

Ok thanks for confirming and for the link. I can't believe this has happened as the shower head cost over £30 with thousands of good reviews on Amazon. In fact, I had another one previous with my Triton Enrich and it never gave any problems. The shower heads sold are compatible with all showers. And the flow through the head was always strong so not sure why the shower can't handle it.

Sponsored Links
Would be interesting to see a pic of the showerhead.
If its one of those branded JML, "Ionic shower head" types that has a "stop" push button built in they certainly can't be used for certain types of showers. Last week I went to a failed instantaneous electric shower ,whilst it was in use the homeowner used the stop button in the shower head,needless to say the heating elements were still energised and the thermal cut out intervened. Had to be replaced ,as once it triggers it can't be reset.

I have a brand new Triton Aspirante of Feb this year and it has started to drip quite rapidly from a tiny hole underneath the unit next to the hose connector. The only thing I have changed is a new filter shower head from Amazon that takes out all the chlorine and other muck. I have changed it back to the original shower head that came with the Triton and it is vastly reduced but still drips a little.

Any clues as to what is happening and why has it failed so soon ?

Thanks
Maybe remove the cover to confirm it is the PRD as one might expect more than a dribble if it has operated.

If its one of those branded JML, "Ionic shower head" types that has a "stop" push button built in they certainly can't be used for certain types of showers. Last week I went to a failed instantaneous electric shower ,whilst it was in use the homeowner used the stop button in the shower head,needless to say the heating elements were still energised and the thermal cut out intervened. Had to be replaced ,as once it triggers it can't be reset.

To be fair, the product description on Amazon does say "do not use with electric showers".

On the ones I've seen, the holes in the shower head are very small and give the impression of good flow but its a smaller amount of water moving faster. I've also been to few where they have caused problems. Don't forget that the people selling these things are just buying stuff from AliBaba or similar and flogging it through an Ebay or Amazon shop. What they say on their blurb is probably not trustworthy.

Maybe remove the cover to confirm it is the PRD as one might expect more than a dribble if it has operated.
I think the PRD on Tritons come off the outlet so they only tend to drip when the shower is running and less will drip if the shower head is less restricted which the OP indicated happened when the original shower head was put back on.

Its probably the "convenient stop button" that did the damage.

• The convenient stop button lets you pause the water flow, making it easier to lather up without wasting water
  • EASY INSTALL - No need for expensive plumbing. Simply unscrew your old shower head and twist your new Pure Shower head onto your existing shower hose. No tools are required. Part of the JML products range - Do not use with electric showers

Ok, I just put the new filter head on again to see if it still leaks and I heard water go through the pipe but it didn't come out the shower head. Must have had it turned off. Then there was a burst and it came cascading out the bottom of the sower unit. It is now worse than ever, even with the Triton head back on. I really don't know what do do. Surely a make like Triton wouldn't have such weak plumbing that can't handle a little filter in the head ?

Attachments

• 71bMCF90q6L._AC_SX679_.jpg
    71bMCF90q6L._AC_SX679_.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 28
Sounds like the pressure relief device (prd) is now well and truly open. Have you bought a new one yet?

If theres a stop button on that shower head then if you start the shower with the stop engaged you will blow the PRD in the shower which hopefully is whats happened as they are relatively cheap and easy to install, some had a little rubber ball and if you find it inside the cover you may be able to push it back in.

I really don't know what to do.
Replace the PRD. You can get one from Triton or showerdoc.com or other places.
Throw the filter shower head in the bin.
Make sure the original shower head is descaled and put it back on.
Triton showers aren't great to be honest but its not their fault if you fit an aftermarket part that isn't suitable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back