New Triton shower leaking from bottom

So in that case no showers then as they are all electric. The ad doesn't state that it can't be used on electric showers.
When you do renew the PRB diaphragm, leave the triton head on and turn the temperature control to its hottest, (minimum flow) and put the power switch to its coldest setting, Off, then measure the flowrate (with triton showerhead), change the shower head to your new one and measure the flowrate again, post back.

Sponsored Links
I have got as far as taking off the cover and I'm stumped as I can't see where I put the diaphragm as the one I have looks different than the one online. Mine has electrical wires coming off it. Just want to confirm how to proceed. And getting the 3 screws back in was a pig as the top right one would not go back in. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20240722_161801.jpg
    IMG_20240722_161801.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 46
Will have a look at the MIs later but that seems to be a TCO (thermal cut out) that shuts off the power to one heating element and is not the PRD.

That is a TCO, item7, havn't located the PRD yet.
Another shot of that TCO.

1721666484806.png

1721665509006.png

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Here is the PRD on my Triton T80Z, you can see the discharge outlet spout on it, I hope yours isn't like what my Mira sport was, where the PRD was a little rubber ball in the heater can itself, if so, you should find that rubber ball lying around inside the shower, but hopefully you have a PRD like mine, I don't see it in the MIs just now though.

1721666304586.png

When I was on live chat with Triton a few days ago they pointed me to the rubber valves I purchased

82800450​

The PRD is on the back of the outlet. Remove the two screws on the left hand side of the white outlet pipe. This should allow you to remove or at least rotate the outlet to get to the PRD. I assume you've got the power off by this stage.

The PRD is on the back of the outlet. Remove the two screws on the left hand side of the white outlet pipe. This should allow you to remove or at least rotate the outlet to get to the PRD. I assume you've got the power off by this stage.
Ok thank you and yes, the power is off.

Nothing doing I'm afraid after removing screws it doesn't rotate. I try to pull it downwards but it is held by wires.

Attachments

• IMG_20240724_124725.jpg
    IMG_20240724_124725.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 33
Nothing doing I'm afraid after removing screws it doesn't rotate. I try to pull it downwards but it is held by wires.
Which wires? the earth wire and the two blue TCO wires?
Is the PRD just underneath the TCO but at the back of the outlet pipe?, you should be able to feel the spout with your finger.

Last edited:
Which wires? the earth wire and the two blue TCO wires?
Is the PRD just underneath the TCO but at the back of the outlet pipe?, you should be able to feel the spout with your finger.
Yes, the earth and two blue. I could unscrew those ?

I can't get my finger round to feel anything as there is black plastic from the shower housing in the way. It looks impossible to find.

Yes, the earth and two blue. I could unscrew those ?

I can't get my finger round to feel anything as there is black plastic from the shower housing in the way. It looks impossible to find.
Yes, unscrew those, there seems to be two screws coming from the rear just below the TCO? which are probably securing the PRD to the outlet pipe, (First) if you restore power and water to the shower, press the start button (take care) for a few seconds, you should then see where the PRB is located, re isolate power and water.

Yes, unscrew those, there seems to be two screws coming from the rear just below the TCO? which are probably securing the PRD to the outlet pipe, (First) if you restore power and water to the shower, press the start button (take care) for a few seconds, you should then see where the PRB is located, re isolate power and water.
Sorry but again I'm stumped. Still can't shift the white plastic pipe and nothing under the electric sensor except a rubber ring around it.

Attachments

• IMG_20240724_215856_edit_20903025385872.jpg
    IMG_20240724_215856_edit_20903025385872.jpg
    303 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20240724_215625_edit_20773017068184.jpg
    IMG_20240724_215625_edit_20773017068184.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 29
Afraid I can't be of much more assistance, see attached, two black arrows, where I think the PRD might be attached (screws from the back), otherwise put it back together and switch on the shower as I suggested above, that will certainly identify the PRD location.

Attachments

• Triton Image.jpg
    Triton Image.jpg
    343.1 KB · Views: 26
That's the thing, I can't get to the screw heads you have circled. Why would they not have them facing the front so you can unscrew ? This seems very odd as most other showers are easy to get to it. How would turning on the shower help identify it's location ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back