New wifi router has knocked my hikvision cctv off - how do i update new wifi and password to make it wok again

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, total novice here. I had hikvision cameras fitted few years ago and this week virgin replaced my router, so new wifi name and password has made my cctv go off. Original installer ignoring my messages! Is this something I can update or is it best with a qualified engineer? I've tried 2 others and no response. I need the cameras due to DV so I'm desperate to get them working again.
Any advice welcome. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Log into the routers settings pages, and change the wifi password to the same password as your old router, save it and reboot it.

If the LAN IP of the router has changed, you may need to also change that to that of your old router, save it and reboot.

Come back and advise if that works or not... Make a note of the original settings BEFORE changing them..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back