New wifi router has knocked my hikvision cctv off - how do i update new wifi and password to make it wok again

He responded to my 1st message saying he would charge a call out fee for sorting it - £65! Asked him to book me in, never heard back. For something so simple to sort I'm disgusted he couldn't have told me this. I won't be recommending him put it that way.

All 3 cameras visible and just had an update. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
In his defence it is his time to be fair and our callout is more expensive but we tend to not go out for something like this.

Takes me longer to get to jobs like this than it does to fix them.

Why he didn't make the appointment and come out is beyond me especially given your circumstances, should be upfront about not coming.

I understand that but to charge someone £65 for something as simple as pairing the tp links is not fair plus not answering...

Anyway, huge thanks to you I'm sorted.
Have a great weekend

That’s cheap ….try ringing ADT you would be looking in the hundreds…is not really his fault you have changed broadband supplier is it ?

Sponsored Links
That’s cheap ….try ringing ADT you would be looking in the hundreds…is not really his fault you have changed broadband supplier is it ?
Didn't say it was did I? What I did say is that if it was a simple fix as what I've done that takes 5mins max, then surely he could have advised me how to do it. And if ADT charge hundreds for this fix then there is something wrong with there ethics!
Recommendations by word of mouth are better than adverts.
Have a good evening

Alas for me the issue is he didn't book it in or turn up after saying he would, his price is his price which is cheap in our industry which may be an indication of where he sits in it.

As for ADT, and the others that would of cost in excess of £200, because that is there starting price form a job but there overheads are pricing models are different.

What appears to be a quick fix is a combination of knowledge and asking the right questions and getting pictures of the parts involved.

Last edited:
not to worry it sorted now.

for reference:-
DVR is hard wired, via a tplink ethernet over mains plug, non passthrough style, of a decent speed. Its twin or device it pairs with is near your router. All three lights need to be on the plugs to show its working.

You had a few valid responses based on it being wifi based system but that is unusual hence why I replied as I did to establish the facts as it would determine the advice you needed to get things up and running.

A picture speaks a thousand words, hence we often ask for them along side the descriptions given, it isn't that we dont believe what is being said, we are trying to understand what is being said.

Don’t complain on issues you could have …..and did sort on a forum….which was free ….just another person moaning about paying for some ones services …which they didn’t ….guess we we will never see you posting again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back