Notable Obituaries.

Robert Clary, a French-born survivor of Nazi concentration camps during World War II who played a feisty prisoner of war in the improbable 1960s sitcom “Hogan’s Heroes,” has died of natural causes at the age of 96.
I just about remember watching that show as a kid but our more mature members on here may have better memories of it.
I remember it well.

Sponsored Links
I remember it well.

All those shows from 1950s American tv were on in the early 70s - Best of all was The Phil Silvers Show.
Good times. (i have a sudden craving for a bottle of Cresta.)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Wilko got a new lease on life from an experimental pancreatic cancer drug, glad he was able to get another ten years or so from it.

Blup

Saw Wilko many times including 3 times on the farewell tour that turned out to be very premature.
Played a telecaster .without a pick tho guitar always had a red pick guard just in case of blood!

Saw Wilko many times including 3 times on the farewell tour that turned out to be very premature.
Played a telecaster .without a pick tho guitar always had a red pick guard just in case of blood!

They were certainly a very cool band and Wilko strutting backwards and forwards was a joy to behold. Bought the album 'Down by the jetty' after hearing them for the first time on TV (Whistletest I presume) but sadly never got to see them live.

His last band was just awesome Dylan Howe on drums (son of Steve Howe Yes guitarist) The wonderful Norman Watt-Roy on bass (played with Ian Dury) Wilko up front giving it the thousand Yard stare happy days.

Still a killer tune: amused me to see the BBC call them a 'pub-rock' band - first time i heard that tune was in the Lime Kiln, a real spit-n-sawdust biker bar; couldn't get it out my head for weeks.
I bet he had a blast playing the role of Ser Ilyn on GoT.
Dude: respect:cool:

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back