Old Conservatives don't understand

It exactly shows what I said..
Wirral £432,990 / £965
Glasgow £108,633 / £886

Similar rent... 4X difference in value

Manchester £230,285/ £2,427. buy two for the same price as one in the Wirral and almost 5 X rent

Sponsored Links
A 1 off example doesn't support your case.

Want to give the details of the extreme 1 in wirral, or are you suggesting all of wirral is high price with low rent ?

A very quick look shows its definitely an extreme, so what's the reasons.

Very naughty to suggest it is the norm there

Did you actually read the links? They are based on market analysis... No doubt 100s of properties.

A little more looking, and that is a definite 1 off. The rental market in wirral seems related to property value. Same as it is elsewhere

Sponsored Links
He is right. Rent and value is not linked at all. A quick search on right move will show you that. They are linked to supply and demand but not the supply and demand of each other. They are independent. Thats why you get hot spots and cold spot areas. Rental yield is not uniform
Rent and value are linked.
It exactly shows what I said..
Wirral £432,990 / £965
Glasgow £108,633 / £886

Similar rent... 4X difference in value

Manchester £230,285/ £2,427. buy two for the same price as one in the Wirral and almost 5 X rent
a quick look on right move shows otherwise

The Wirral Birkenhead
End of terrace / 1 bed flat £60,000

Rental £600 pcm

Did you actually read the links? They are based on market analysis... No doubt 100s of properties.
Not very good market analysis

Using average property values is totally useless for an investor.

It assumes wrongly that the ratio of rented to home ownership ratios are the same across the whole range, I doubt that’s true, at all.

Ahh so you did your own research of 1 or 2 properties and concluded the industry trackers which show 100s of properties are wrong?
1 Or 2 properties? Go look on rental sites. And sales sites. It's not dufficult

Do you think many people believe a lot of what you say ?

£250k of BTL investments gives you very different rent, depending on where the property is based. That is a fact. worth a Notchy7Fact™

You can pretend otherwise if you want but there are many sources that will tell you this.

1 Or 2 properties? Go look on rental sites. And sales sites. It's not dufficult

Do you think many people believe a lot of what you say ?
Do you think Rents would go up or down, if Values fell? Is it:

A - they are linked so rents would come down
B - It depends on many factors, the demand to buy vs rent are not linked directly as one market can over heat, while the other under performs. It depends on the demographic of the area, the employment prospects, type of property available etc.

No, I stand by it.

1, Irrelevant, that doesn't make the loss go away.
2, I'm not writing a business plan here, I'm making it simple that the worth of an asset isn't just the bricks and mortar valuation.
According to your link - they are better off holding the property for a short period and then selling it.

Look at where fiwfy rich landlords do their investing in BTLs. It moves about but South Wales has been 10% or so return for a while.
Commercial property is more atractive, but I CBA any more. I have a HMO which is a money machine but it's all relative.
I predict that a.i. will mean even more people will have a program on their laptop which earns them far more money that they'll get from property, without the hassle. At the moment you need just a little human "i".

Some on here would want you burned at the stake for your greed.

Sponsored Links
Back