Old Conservatives don't understand

Sponsored Links
I wonder if the needy, destitute, people on minimum wage, homeless, disabled people and their full-time carers, or young parents on zero-hours contracts

Are the ones able to get a mortgage and buy a house.

These "needy people"
If you read the rules you will see the criteria for qualifying for a council house. I'm not likely to get one should I wish to apply.

did you ignore the bit where it said "you’ll need to agree this first with your landlord".

You do like to ignore the bits you don't like

Sponsored Links
Last edited:
I know, I just don't understand so called clever people being unable to grasp the very basic stuff.

Not that long ago they were trying to tell us it was expensive, unprofitable and time consuming to rent properties out too.
According to UK Finance, there were 440 buy to let landlords who had properties repossessed in the second quarter of 2023 – that’s up 7% from the first quarter.

And the number of BTL mortgages in arrears has rocketed by 28% in the same period – but that is 59% higher than in 2022.

With rising mortgage rates, there are now 8,980 landlords – double last year’s figure – in arrears.

So yep it does look like it can be expensive and un profitable to rent properties out

According to UK Finance, there were 440 buy to let landlords who had properties repossessed in the second quarter of 2023 – that’s up 7% from the first quarter.

And the number of BTL mortgages in arrears has rocketed by 28% in the same period – but that is 59% higher than in 2022.

With rising mortgage rates, there are now 8,980 landlords – double last year’s figure – in arrears.

So yep it does look like it can be expensive and un profitable to rent properties out
Out of how many landlords?

Has the number gone up or down?

Are all struggling or the majority making good money

Show me any business where there are no losers whilst you're at it.

I wonder if the needy, destitute, people on minimum wage, homeless, disabled people and their full-time carers, or young parents on zero-hours contracts

Are the ones able to get a mortgage and buy a house.

These "needy people"
Based on the earnings yes. But what will that buy them ?

I blame the Labour Party

Sponsored Links
Back