Old Conservatives don't understand

so why do you think its nonsense
Idiots work in all areas of business/industry, some councils are successful some are not. To say all councils are run by idiots is just plain daft.

Are all business people crooked?

Are all gas engineers scammers?

Sponsored Links
Idiots work in all areas of business/industry, some councils are successful some are not. To say all councils are run by idiots is just plain daft.

Are all business people crooked?

Are all gas engineers scammers?

so its not complete nonsense then . But its been quite well publicised over the decades how councils are mis managed and run by half wits look at one of the most recent Northants county council and the debts the run up resulting in it having to be closed down and reformed.
And what was one of first things they done knowing they would be out of a job . Increased redundancy payments max from 30 weeks to 104 weeks nothing like feking up then lining your own pockets

Sponsored Links
so its not complete nonsense then . But its been quite well publicised over the decades how councils are mis managed and run by half wits look at one of the most recent Northants county council and the debts the run up resulting in it having to be closed down and reformed.
And what was one of first things they done knowing they would be out of a job . Increased redundancy payments max from 30 weeks to 104 weeks nothing like feking up then lining your own pockets
You've looked at 1 part of the picture.

You can apply that logic to any business.

Conservative Council I believe

If building and flogging council homes is such a money printing machine for councils why don't they build more?

Perhaps some of the assumptions made and the externalities involved aren't being correctly assessed?

If building and flogging council homes is such a money printing machine for councils why don't they build more

I’m not sure anybody is saying it’s money printing machine

But it’s more cost effective for councils to own social housing than pay housing benefit.

I would say they don’t build more because even though restrictions are lifted, they haven’t got any money.

Councils are in most cases run by a bunch of fruit cakes who are devoid of common sense

If they displayed any they would not have got the job in first place

Our local council jeez us wept doubt any of em know what they are doing when they are sitting on the Kazi

This thread is a perfect example of right wing grifters twisting themselves inside out trying to prove black is white

Gas112
Motorbiking
NWGS

Are all home owners and landlords, they 100% believe that owning a property is best financially
And theyve also spent the last 20 or so pages trying to argue that it’s bad for council to own property financially.
Nonsense I’ve argued it’s good for councils to build property and give their tenants the right to buy them so that they can build more property. I’ve even done the sums to prove it’s better financially to build a property and sell it to build another rather than hold it long term. Why do you make stuff up like JohnD. ? Don’t be a troll we have enough of them

@ notch7

So you are happy to be part of a mass house building programme within 10 miles of your home ?

@ notch7

So you are happy to be part of a mass house building programme within 10 miles of your home ?
I’m not sure what point you are making?

I am saying councils should build, own and run social housing not the private sector. That’s not asking for a mass building programme, it’s asking for different people building the social housing that’s being built at the moment.

As for would I mind a mass house building programme within 10 miles, that ship has sailed, my village (Copthorne West Sussex) has Heathy wood 500+ houses plus a large industrial estate within a couple of miles of my house in a small village.And there’s a huge new development about 5 miles away called Forge wood 1900 and there are also plans for a 10,000 house development in Ifield also within 10 miles.

Copthorne also has a hotel with around 600 asylum seekers, I often see them around the village.

Why would additional housing bother me? I live within a 100 yards of the village green, I can reach open fields to walk the dog in 10 minutes, nothing has changed.

I’m not sure what point you are making?

I am saying councils should build, own and run social housing not the private sector. That’s not asking for a mass building programme, it’s asking for different people building the social housing that’s being built at the moment.

As for would I mind a mass house building programme within 10 miles, that ship has sailed, my village (Copthorne West Sussex) has Heathy wood 500+ houses plus a large industrial estate within a couple of miles of my house in a small village.And there’s a huge new development about 5 miles away called Forge wood 1900 and there are also plans for a 10,000 house development in Ifield also within 10 miles.

Copthorne also has a hotel with around 600 asylum seekers, I often see them around the village.

Why would additional housing bother me? I live within a 100 yards of the village green, I can reach open fields to walk the dog in 10 minutes, nothing has changed.

I’m suggesting that all the green space around you should be built on ……

I’m suggesting that all the green space around you should be built on ……
As I’ve just explained, there are thousands of houses being built around me….and there’s still plenty of green space.

But I still don’t understand the point you are making.

I am saying councils should build and own social housing not private sector - how does mean green space is being built on?

Sponsored Links
Back