OSB Base for Shed

Sponsored Links
I get why I am doing this but it begs the question, if someone has prepared a concrete base and all the effort and expense that entails, isn’t that undermined by these raised slabs? Isn’t all the load then at these points and not spread across the concrete base?

I get why I am doing this but it begs the question, if someone has prepared a concrete base and all the effort and expense that entails, isn’t that undermined by these raised slabs? Isn’t all the load then at these points and not spread across the concrete base?

Not a problem, your slabs or the concrete, will more than adequately spread the point load. Just make sure the whatever you use, to raise the timber off the base/the point loads, are closer than 200mm distance apart, to adequately support the base.

Not a problem, your slabs or the concrete, will more than adequately spread the point load. Just make sure the whatever you use, to raise the timber off the base/the point loads, are closer than 200mm distance apart, to adequately support the base.
For a 5 metre wide shed, this will require approximately 25 slab sections as support. This means that if I cut a slab in 2, I need 13 slabs and the cheapest ones are around £6 each. Am I approaching this in the right way?

Sponsored Links
UPDATE: I have cut some paving slabs and ended up with 200mm wide sections at every 400mm of the base, along the 5m length. I now need to mortar them down and level. I will ensure that they are all level across their length individually, slab-by-slab.
I have a problem that the 5m length (across which I have all these slabs, is running down). To make this level, the slabs at the furthest end will need around 80mm of mortar bed. Am I okay to follow the level of the floor, build the base and then adjust my timber studs to ensure the roof is level?

How do you guys handle this?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back