PIR lights with independent override - Any issues with my circuit?

I must be honest I think our requirements for brown or blue sleeves on everything is way over the top.
Well, I don't think the requirement is for sleeves on everything; it is merely that conductors be 'identified'; quite reasonable and sensible - where there might be doubt.

Going back a few years using 3C&E for 3 lives was automatic and never a thought of oversleeving as they were/are phase colours. The only time I have concerns is when a colour is used for an opposing voltage use such as blacks and blues as SL. Of course currently they are reversed to previous colour code and greater care is required in mixed schemes .
Yes.

Opening and reinstating a 4gang intermediate plate with 8 off. 3C&E cables containing 16 5mm sleeves (or even 24 sleeves when someone has been over zealous with brown sleeves on r, y, b cables) becomes a job and a half.
Exactly my point.

Where would there be any doubt about the function of any of the conductors?

Sponsored Links
Yes, 'etc.' being "other applications".
Would this be considered an example of 'other application' since it's a spur off the lighting circuit? Not sure where the line would be drawn so I could use e.g orange sleeving for switched lives.

Opening and reinstating a 4gang intermediate plate with 8 off. 3C&E cables containing 16 5mm sleeves (or even 24 sleeves when someone has been over zealous with brown sleeves on r, y, b cables) becomes a job and a half.
Part of the reason we wanted to run the 7 core out and split the number of connections between the interior plate and outdoor box

Sponsored Links
Would this be considered an example of 'other application'
I have no idea what they meant to mean.
Surely everything except control circuits and elv is 'other applications.

since it's a spur off the lighting circuit?
Or could your project be a 'control circuit'? If not, then presumably it must be an 'other application'?

Not sure where the line would be drawn so I could use e.g orange sleeving for switched lives.
You can use any method you want but no one else will know what it means so what would be the point?
You just need to distinguish between the conductors to different parts. All the colours listed signify 'line'.

Part of the reason we wanted to run the 7 core out and split the number of connections between the interior plate and outdoor box
Yes the seven cores will either be seven of the colours listed or all black and numbered 1 to 7.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back