Police officer

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
As far as the officer was concerned, he was trying to stop a car that had been used in a shooting the day before, the driver wasn’t stopping and could well have been armed and could have used a gun against them. He made the only reasonable decision he could have done. No doubt Ellal will pop up with his chair leg story……

You know what I always think is missing from the picture when they show pictures of the likes of Kaba, Floyd and Duggan who are killed by the police while carrying out the job we pay them to do, and that 14 year old who was knocked off his motorbike and stabbed to death as well as those kids on a motorcycle who died in a police chase? A f'cking halo around their heads! By all accounts, they all seemed to be such wonderful people who were kind to animals, a credit to the community, loved their grandparents and lit up a room when they entered it. Why is it never the violent gang members whose lives come to a premature end? Oh, wait a minute….

Last edited:
As far as the officer was concerned, he was trying to stop a car that had been used in a shooting the day before, the driver wasn’t stopping and could well have been armed and could have used a gun against them. He made the only reasonable decision he could have done.
Yes, that's what the jury found.

In some cases when the police shoot and kill some one questions will be asked concerning justification. TBH I can't see that as being wrong even though it's not much fun for them. The head of this group intimated that they shouldn't have this problem.

There are those around that question the need for the police to be armed. Well at times they need to be. Others question shoot to kill which effectively is what they do.

The wound he received interested me due to reading about the type of round they use and why the military round of the time was unsuitable for this sort of use. A long time go. I suspect similar ideas are still used. Best avoid being shot by them.

The Guardian has this to say:

For the first part of the standoff, the Audi first smashed into the BMW and the parked Tesla, trying and failing to ram through. Seeing this, Blake sprinted away from the Audi, round first the side and then the back of the parked van, round the back of his car, and took a position protected by the side of the police BMW. He aimed his Sig Sauer MCX 5.56 rifle. For those seconds he was repositioning himself, he could not see what was playing out, but said he heard revving of the engines, tyre screeches and the Audi moving at “great” speed. It was no more than 12mph, the prosecution said.

Blake claimed officers were in danger of being run over or dragged under the Audi, but he could not point out in extensive video footage which officers’ lives he feared for.

How much damage can a vehicle cause at that speed?

How much damage can a vehicle cause at that speed?
Turns out that he was a member of a gang that is / has been involved in shootings.

The other point of course is just why he did what he did?

Sponsored Links
Back