Portable power packs or inverters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

Figured someone here may know, looking for some sort of power pack, basically I need one with a usb output for a masterbuilt BBQ, and one with a mains plug too for a rotisserie on a different BBQ

Something thatll keep a charge for a while and not too pricey would be ideal but not sure what in best looking at, just want to stop running extension leads around the garden with a toddler running around

Thanks any suggestions welcome

Sponsored Links
A barbie is a sort of heating appliance, so it will have a high energy demand. Batteries are unsuitable, unless you have money to burn.

Gas bottles make more sense.

I don't understand the reference to USB output, which is only suitable for very low demand such as charging a phone.

A barbie is a sort of heating appliance, so it will have a high energy demand. Batteries are unsuitable, unless you have money to burn.
It's only required for the...
for a rotisserie on a different BBQ

I don't understand the reference to USB output, which is only suitable for very low demand such as charging a phone.
The USB-C power delivery standard supports up to 240W - plenty for all sorts of devices.

Sponsored Links
Thanks I'll try and find the how much power the draw out.

I know others run their masterbuilt (mains powered usually) BBQ via a power bank with good battery life even after long cooks, i could do this, but ideally would get something the AC output too, for both BBQs

Show me one.
180W is the highest rated USB-C supply that I currently know of - although 240W supplies are being worked on....

Sorry to the OP if this is off topic :rolleyes:

Show me one.
John, my name is on the contributors list for the USB Power Delivery specification. What RandomGrinch says is perfectly correct. I have a 140W Apple Phone Adapter (so 28V/5A) which was actually one of the first on the market. Since then many others have become available, but I haven't been keeping up owing to retirement.

It depends on how much power and what else it will be used for this
1727000839703.png
is 2.048 kWh and output of 2 kW but I use something like this
1727000987446.png
there are now lithium versions much smaller
1727001053243.png
which do around the same thing, I was looking at one in Lidi the other day. And just USB loads around 1727001211780.png they are used to extend phone life.

A cig lighter inverter is around 150 watt max, and a jump starter built in inverter a bit bigger around around 180 watt, so it would run a audio unit, but that's about its limit. The first unit at £881 it would be cheaper to set up an outside socket by BBQ, so really they are used for things like keeping freezers running in a power cut. Or with caravans, better than a generator running.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back