Potterton Puma 100e problem

You could try bleeding some water out of a radiator if you can find a key.

Sponsored Links
I can find a key no problem. Isnt this gonna be messy? And any idea how much I would have to bleed to get over 1lb of pressure?

Gaztee

Ok have you a radiator key? This could be a long (and wet job) if you have Bleed a radiator until the pressure drops..put a towel under the rad and try to catch the water in a dish. The origional "problem" is probably your unfamilarality of the controls.

How much depends on the size of the system. The pressure is in bars, and the gauges are often 3 or 4 bar gauges. so the pointer at around 10 o'clock will not be too far out. Bleed it into a saucepan, and try about a pint first. Then see how the pressure looks.

Sponsored Links
Ok I will go & bleed a radiator & see what happens. Thanks for your help. Will let you know how I get on

Gaztee
:oops:

Oilman....gas engineers at pub no way do you think we are made of money? Back to my Champagne and caviar I will leave it to you!

Plumber Will, ...you said that before, but soon as you'd finished the first bottle of champagine, you were back. I can only assume you are off for another glass, or a quick leak....and will be back as soon as you've finished. :evil:

I love the word leak....£££££££££££££££££££££££££££ssssssssss

Hey Oilman, Plumber Will definitely at home drinking champagne 'cos they don't have internet at the pub :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

What's happened to Gazetee hope he/or she..hasnet flooded the house.....BURP..fizzy stuff this!

Oh hell! possibly put the computer down next to the rad bleed valve for further instructions :oops: wasn't waterproof :oops:

Now no electric stumbling in the dark fell over hit head now at casualty what a day for him!!!!

Hi,

Right I have bled over 6 pints from the system. There are only 2 rads that will let me bleed. One of those just hisses out air, the other the water. The other one I can get at does nothing at all! the rest are capped so they cant be bled. At the end of this all the pressure bar is still over 2. What will happen if I just leave this swtiched off with the pressure that hi???
Thanks for all your help

Gaztee

i am not a plumber or heating enginerr, but you must bleed the one with air more, as air does no good (if in radiator)

Hi Breezer,

There is no more air coming out of the rad that was releasing it. I just need to know if it is gonna be safe to leave the system alone until my friends come home :(

Gaztee

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back