Potterton Puma 100e problem

You need to get the air out. The pressure will stay at 2 bar no damage should be done to the system if left. If only two rads are allowing you to bleed them then the others must be turned off at the valves (is there no water at all coming out the bleed nipples)??? If not turn them on.

Sponsored Links
HI Plumber Will,

Just been and double checked, no more air. Thanks for your help. I will keep an eye on the gauge for the rest of the week & if it starts to rise I will have to call a plumber.

Cheers

Gaztee

If the pressure rises then the filling loop (the silver braid) is by passing you need it replacing..you can disconnect it from the end that comes FROM the boiler that will stop the pressure build up.......but you will have a leak from the loose end.

Sponsored Links
If its gas get an expert better to pay and live than have money in the bank and be dead!

Unfortunate it's not Gaztee's house, with this doom laden statement, if it was, it would be better for him/her to get oil rather than an expert, then you could live AND have money in the bank. :LOL:

Thats my sinature!!!! But still it must cheaper getting a gas engineer to check the boiler than fit a new worscester oil boiler, tank ect, if not I'l have 10 oil systems at £60.00 each!

.....if not I'l have 10 oil systems at £60.00 each!

But if you have all this money in the bank you could be dead :cry:

If its gas get an expert better to pay and live than have money in the bank .......

If you're still alive you have no money, so though I have a few systems available.......:cool: :cool:

They wouldn't be Worcester as they take too long to answer the phone when you have a technical enquiry, as do Potterton. :rolleyes:

See your signature's changed then!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Must be the champagne. :confused:

Gaztee said:
HI Plumber Will,

Just been and double checked, no more air. Thanks for your help. I will keep an eye on the gauge for the rest of the week & if it starts to rise I will have to call a plumber.

Cheers

Gaztee

when you say "plumber" you really mean heating engineer dont you?

One euphemism's as good as another as long as it's not an 0800 number. :D

The pressure relief valve is inside the boiler case, bottom right. To remove case undo 2 screws at the front edge of the bottom, pull and lift front.

Twist red knob and water will squirt outside. Always likely to leak afterwards though, inwhich case you could try further twisting of red knob - it springs shut which may reseal it.

Better is to find a drain cock on one of the radiator pipes - you can put a bit of hose on that.

No harm done really by running system at 2 bar. If expansion takes the pressure over 3 bar the PRV will let water out(side). Then the pressure will drop when the system cools. Again, prv may well "let by" afterwards.
So - best to find a drain cock.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back