Reform 'Contract' (Manifesto)

It's odd how people throw in all sorts of reasons for various problems. There is a basic. Modern life can tend to lower the birthrate. A good example is the baby boomers from better more secure times. Modern life can even lead to abortions. Living costs favour couples paying for things. Free child care can lead to people choosing a 3day / week job.

There is another factor as well. Take manufacture once a great job source but these days it needs fewer and fewer people.

Rather rapid rise in production? S Korea currently has a birth rate of 0.7. It would be interesting to know all of the reasons why.

Home owner ship, younger age group has dropped from 60% in 2000 to 40% now. Rough figures. High end of the age 35.

House building. Currently the builders do not think any party will meet their targets. All sorts of reasons including inflation. They do feel one of Labour's ideas could help. Planning would need sorting but no point doing if it isn't.
It's interesting that Osborne tried this long ago and it had a negligible effect
The Conservatives also promised to help first-time buyers by permanently scrapping Stamp Duty for first homes under £425,000. Currently first-time buyers pay zero stamp duty on homes up to £425,000 and five per cent on the portion between £425,001 to £625,000, although this was due to end in 2025.
LOL Bizare reporting but they are holding it. Battle of words not fact. Pity the gov that has to end it. Rather unlikely.
Labour have said they would keep the current stamp duty exemption for first-time buyers, but speaking on Thursday leader Sir Keir Starmer would not commit to extending it as proposed by the Conservative manifesto. "In the Budget the government set out clearly its plan, that was costed, in relation to stamp duty and we will hold to that because it's fully costed," Sir Keir said.

Sponsored Links
At the height of His agony, at the very moment when most victims of crucifixion might scream out in fury with a curse, Christ prayed for forgiveness for His tormentors: “Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing” (Luke 23:34).
Strange you would quote from a book that condones the murder of children. Strange indeed...

The leader of 'reform', a certain mr garbage has just praised andrew tate...

For "being an “important voice” for the emasculated and giving boys “perhaps a bit of confidence at school”

A person who is currently awaiting trial for human trafficking, rape, and forming a criminal gang to sexually exploit women...

Garbage has certainly nailed his colours to his mast!

And after all he has form.

He said in the past, “Jimmy Savile and now HS2, Stoke Mandeville has had it all!”

Sponsored Links
Confirmed...

Garbage admires Putin and blames the west for the war in the UK...

"Nigel Farage has reiterated that he blames the West and NATO for the Russian invasion of Ukraine - as he confirmed that he previously said he "admired" Vladimir Putin as a statesman"

Linky Linky

Garbage is a facist/racist, and the russian funded brexshit campaign was part of the plan to destabilise the west!

I’m

"The Reform UK leader said that he "disliked" the Russian president - but had admired his abilities as a statesman".

The Reform leader confirmed his belief the West "provoked" the conflict - but said it was "of course" the Russian president's "fault".

So, Froggie spouts contradictory bowlogs too.
Which you think is "sense" .

I would say that "You couldn't make it up", but Froggie already did (y)

The far right are soft on Putin because they like the policies he proposes. Oddly they're remarkably similar to those from Reform.

So, Froggie spouts contradictory bowlogs too.
Which you think is "sense" .

I would say that "You couldn't make it up", but Froggie already did (y)
So that’s Tories and Reform you don’t like. Are there any that you do like or trust - you did a Starmer and avoided giving an answer when I asked you the other day?

you did a Starmer and avoided giving an answer when I asked you the other day?
An example please where Starmer didn't give an answer?

LOL Another factor - not that unusual in any party if they have their feet on the ground.

Farage is backtracking today in an attempt to win back some of his fans.

As for farages views on this Ukraine / Russian war / invasion

David Owen basically said the same thing years ago

Farage is backtracking today in an attempt to win back some of his fans.
Given the history of the wests involvement with Ukraine since the uprising it is possible to see some merit in his original statement. But Putin invaded.

I'm surprised he didn't say (of Putin)

I salute his courage, his strength, his indefatigability

Given the history of the wests involvement with Ukraine since the uprising it is possible to see some merit in his original statement. But Putin invaded.
The question he wasn't asked, and hasn't commented on (afaik) is why did so many ex soviet states want to join nato?

For aggression or for defence, and peace.

That then answers whether the west provoked Russia or not.

Anybody ever want to think nato would invade Russia ?

The far right does seem Russian biased

Sponsored Links
Back