Replacement mower rpm question.

Sponsored Links
Just a thought.....
The spring lever is weak and weedy - yes?
How about buying a new one, grinding the nipple off and fixing it back to back with a pop rivet or two - thus making the thing stiffer?
What do you think?
John :)

I just can’t see what forward pressure keeps it in the deck holes.

I mean if there was a spring there then the user would move the lever out ready to go into another hole & whilst doing this the spring would be wanting to keep pulling the lever towards the deck
There is nothing like that at all. So is the lever itself supposed to be doing that ?

Manually pulling the lever out very slowly but as soon as the nipple is out so far the downward motion of the rear wheels / axle take it straight to the ground.

This is why I said who did this ever get passed when being developed.

That’s why I said a bunji cord on the lever to the other side the deck. Then when the lever is operated the tension of the bunji it’s just wants to pull it back into the deck holes.
Very poor design & I bet thousands were made like this.

The stronger the spring, the less chance the nipple has of popping out of it's locating hole.....that's my logic. The lever is the spring!
I've seen the bungy cord idea too!
John :)

Sponsored Links
Correct so I need something pulling it in all the time. Then resistance is met when the user wants to alter height in

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back