Seen The Tory Party Political Broadcast?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The only thing I can say is those elderly folk did not look like they would be eligible once means-tested.

Of course, there was no mention of that.

Sponsored Links
There are plenty of retired people who do not consider themselves to be in need of WFA and are very content to lose it.

I am just one such.

I would go further, and say I despise the well-heeled who complain that they and their like are losing it, and pretend that pensioners are the poorest segment of society.
Worked all their life’s and now they get to freeze.

I bet the boat people are warm enough though.

I see Denny’s ban is over now.

Sponsored Links
Worked all their life’s and now they get to freeze.

I bet the boat people are warm enough though.

I see Denny’s ban is over now.
any one just above the £12 200 limit over the last 2 years have had a 19 .4% increase so 2 years ago £10200+10.2%=£112404 +8.5%=£12195 so £1995 better off or £38 a week better off and now asked to forgo £5.77 a week so still £32 a week better off and with next years expected 4% will be as near as damb it 25% better off [24.35%]

and yes i am one off those but on £15 000 rather than 12180 or there about

There are plenty of retired people who do not consider themselves to be in need of WFA and are very content to lose it.

I am just one such.

I would go further, and say I despise the well-heeled who complain that they and their like are losing it, and pretend that pensioners are the poorest segment of society.

Did you take the payment when it was being paid ???

Fact is some will resent the loss of the money if they need it or not. One claimed it paid for her holiday. Another the car.

I suspect one aspect of the change is to get more people who can to register for pension credits as it offsets the cost of that. Why some don't - a mystery. One possible - lives with relatives. One did here for a while. LOL It wasn't a cosy relationship all of the time but not a problem really. I have also known of other cases where a pensioner lives with their family.

There is no info on current uptake of pension credits The latest official one is 2022 released recently which was 66%. There has been more uptakes eg

Well that backfired then. I thought the idea was to save money, not increase the number claiming benefits.

Sponsored Links
Back