Seen The Tory Party Political Broadcast?

Sponsored Links
Well it seems to be out of spite and definitely planned before they got the keys to number 10.

In any case they would of got the money back sooner or later anyway.
Those that need it will use it to stop themselves dying from the cold and then the gov gets some back via VAT on fuel then a windfall tax on the energy companies.
Those that dont need it may give to kids /grand kids - who will spend it on stuff = more VAT receipts and a boost to the economy = more tax receipts.
Some may leave it in the bank and will pay tax on income if its over £1000
Some will leave it in the bank and die = inheritance tax
Some will leave it in the bank and will pay for their care.
So sooner or later the Gov will get it back in some shape or form.

What was the point of scrapping the payment then?
Well according to the Times it was a benefit that the treasury wanted scrapped for 15 years, each time they presented it it got knocked back. I can only assume that like with all things government this is not about the money but about control of the civil service...

Present an unpalatable decision so you retain control, then the unpalatable is duly accepted..where does the civil service stand now ? Well we did what you said... that was a massive cock up, so in future we will do what I say, The treasury has always thought is a government in its own right...seems that mission is being torn up.

Those that dont need it may give to kids /grand kids - who will spend it on stuff = more VAT receipts and a boost to the economy = more tax receipts.
So the govt give out £300 to rich pensioners who pass it to their grand kids who spend it and the govt gets about £20 back

I hope you arent a financial advisor

Sponsored Links
So the govt give out £300 to rich pensioners who pass it to their grand kids who spend it and the govt gets about £20 back

I hope you arent a financial advisor
You are missing out the VAT the manufacturer pays for the materials that they use to make the stuff and the income tax that the manufactures employees have to pay. The tax from fuel to transport the goods - the list is almost endless not to mention the boost to the economy as a whole - people in jobs making the stuff earning money and - buying more stuff.
How much does a pensioner have to have in the bank to be called rich by you then.

Apparently it’s pretty difficult to claim some pension credit

What with the increase in applications the dept does not have enough staff to cope

One bloke on the radio attempting to get it for his aunt made 20 calls and spoke to a different person every time :giggle:

If you claim now apparently you may get it sorted
In March 2025 :giggle:

Usual government caper make it as complex as possible and many give up and go away

I bet migrants coming over the channel have it easier on claiming any thing

So the best bet would be for pensioners to go to France get on a rubber boat and cross the channel back to the UK

Apparently it’s pretty difficult to claim some pension credit

What with the increase in applications the dept does not have enough staff to cope

One bloke on the radio attempting to get it for his aunt made 20 calls and spoke to a different person every time :giggle:

If you claim now apparently you may get it sorted
In March 2025 :giggle:

Usual government caper make it as complex as possible and many give up and go away

I bet migrants coming over the channel have it easier on claiming any thing

So the best bet would be for pensioners to go to France get on a rubber boat and cross the channel back to the UK
Yes a pensioner may as well just forget trying and instead burn the 54 pages associated with the claim for some heat.

Last edited:
Well that's certainly a very convincing :giggle: argument.

Aparently you can take it up With the BBC

So er what did you do with your winter fuel
Allowance you did not need

go on a cruise ?
Or ???

Hang on wait for it “ you gave it to charity “
:ROFLMAO:

Yeah right

What was the point of scrapping the payment then?

Some would say that it is not sensible to provide handouts, intended to help the poor and needy, to people who are not poor and needy.

Apparently some Conservative supporters think that handouts to the rich are a jolly good idea and should be continued forever.

Motorbiking is among them.

More have claimed it han not. Some bloke on the radio - listening to Vine maybe. Someone is likely to make a call like that for a number of reasons.

Some would say that it is not sensible to provide handouts, intended to help the poor and needy, to people who are not poor and needy.

Apparently some Conservative supporters think that handouts to the rich are a jolly good idea and should be continued forever.

Motorbiking is among them.
No. I’m of the opinion that if you want to scrap something to save money. You better be confident that it will indeed save money. Not cost more to administer the means testing or trigger claims that you didn’t previously have. You also better be sure that the new approach doesn’t leave vulnerable people exposed. As I’m sure you are aware. Some “wealthy” pensioners have very high personal care costs which wipe out much of their pensions.

But you don’t care because you don’t and are happy as long as other chip in more than you

and are happy as long as other chip in more than you
This country has a massive problem with wealth inequality.

The last 14 years has seen the wages and wealth of the richest increase massively whilst those on low incomes have seen wages stagnate.

The only way to address that is to tax the wealthy

The people on low incomes can’t chip in more because they can barely afford enough to eat.

The wealthy can afford to pay more tax, it won’t make them suffer hunger

Sponsored Links
Back