Sewage polluters should worry....

Where did you hear that story?

Did they tell you which constituencies?

Clacton has a chance, which is why fartage changed his mind and parachuted himself in.

Discontented elderly racist brexers are in short supply (luckily) in most of the country.
As a comment on the tv, it surprised me.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
There is still significant profits to be made from the water Utilites even with running the environmental position in the private sector. Its the unacceptable face of capitalism we have now.
The dividends to the share holder have to meet market needs to retain their value. On things like water they can be seen as relatively low as pretty risk free.
They can sell new shares to get money usually at a discounted price but it has it's complications. Generally improvements are made via debt which means prices go up. Payback time can be very very long going on Seven Trents books but they have a range of times on a number of debts.

The people of Britain.

Should be run in the public sector
69%
So buy all of the shares and take on the debt. However improvements still cost and are likely to be funded by debt to avoid having dead doing nothing money lying around. At one point British Steel wouldn't invest in its business but would lend. Also some companies did get into share dealing as well as their usual business.

:) How ever didn't I see an idea from Labour. A sovereign wealth fund?

So buy all of the shares and take on the debt. However improvements still cost and are likely to be funded by debt to avoid having dead doing nothing money lying around. At one point British Steel wouldn't invest in its business but would lend. Also some companies did get into share dealing as well as their usual business.

:) How ever didn't I see an idea from Labour. A sovereign wealth fund?
When Wilko went bust, somebody bought some of the shop premises from the Administrator.

Buying assets does not mean you take on the debt.

Is there a lot of demand for sewers?

Buying assets does not mean you take on the debt.
But
So what happens in a bankruptcy? The debts don't just vanish. Adminstrators are appointed, and they have one goal: to pay as much back to the creditors as possible. How they achieve this depends, but we accept that the creditors won't get paid in full because there is no more money. If the administrators can find someone to take on the company and pay off the debts, that is all well and good. But there is no guarantee that such a person can be found, and the administrators have a single purpose, to maximise the money that the creditors get back. If selling the company as an ongoing concern means that the creditors get £5billion, whereas liquidating the company means the creditors get £6billion, then the company gets liquidated. The administrators have no responsibility to maintain a service, nor prevent job losses or prevent death from thirst and disease, their only purpose is to maximise the money that creditors get back.

Also pass on water but gov may help companies get low rate loans - now I wonder how they do that. Thatcher was certainly into that when electricity started using gas for generation. It was reported in the Times. No details how though. Back it - I wonder.

Adminstrators are appointed, and they have one goal: to pay as much back to the creditors as possible.

No, it's actually to make as much money for themselves, with the least effort and in the least time.

Sponsored Links
Back