Sip table saw missing bits? 07776

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Okay, this saw was made in 2001 I think, maybe 2000, either way I brought the saw cheap offline, and it’s missing some “key” bits.

These bits are discontinued, or so it seems, so I am after your knowledge to see if I can either find what I need, a way to overcome this or to see if third party hardware will work.

I am after wrench for changing the blades. I have removed the old one, and replaced it, so not in a hurry now, but would like to have these for the future, thinking they may be even harder to find years down the line. I have looked online and found No. 17 on this website is not discontinued but out of stock. Either way can I get one for say a dewalt saw that would work with mine?

For the discontinued items, I am after a mitre gauge assembly, a riving knife and a manual. I believe I can buy a third party mitre gauge, and I know I can get a riving knife made both at home or professionally, but where could I find a manual for this old saw? Are there people who get these old saws and restore them, if so would they have copies of manuals? Do you know of such people?

If you know anything that could help, that would be great.

Oh, the housing for the saw is a little rusty, not great original green colour, I plan to remove rust, prime with a rust protection, then spray paint it blue, should I try and remove all the internals, or box and tape so the saws motor, brackets and wiring won’t get paint on? Should I re spray the table saw top or leave it? Also, the power safety switch, should I change it over from one seen below in the pictures, to one of these ones… https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232617574439 - I just did a quick google search for the type of switch I mean, not looked into one that will fit and install into the saw?!?

IMG_0576.jpegIMG_2695.pngIMG_2698.png

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Cheaper, easier and safer to just stick that one back on Marketplace and buy another that has all the bits. It has no guard either, whoever sold it was glad to get shot of it and didn't care or know they were selling a death trap. It's a false economy buying these things without the bits, been there, done that.

As an aside it seems to me that anything older than about 20 years and you'll really struggle to find the manual.

Last edited:
Okay, I will leave the top free of any paints. I will just do the body of the saw.

I am just after the 2 main accessories or spare parts really, I have access to everything else needed for safety, I do have a few blade guards that would fit.

Switching the power switch over would be for safety, otherwise would not need to do this, it past basic pat testing.

I know I can buy a replacement mitre gauge, and I know I can get new and/or custom made riving knives I was just wondering if you knew of anyplace that did this that you could recommend.

I am trying to find owners, past owners and places like auctions, for the manual.

Sponsored Links
The switch you found is not an NVR switch.
NVR is No Voltage Release, meaning if the supply voltage trips off, when the supply returns the tool dies not start up again by itself.

That switch is likely more dangerous than the switch you already have.
Suggest you make sure you fit an NVR switch.
SFK

That saw is only fit for the scrap pile.
Parts missing, dangerous, and was junk even when new.

Doubtful you even need a table saw - and even if you did, something of that size will be useless.

People think they 'need' a table saw because they watch videos and TV shows from the USA where every woodworking task is shown being done using a table saw.
99% of what those show can be done more quickly and far more safely in other ways that do not involve a table saw at all.

Reactions: SFK
Erm, I would say it depends what kind of projects you expect to get up to and what space you have to use, I'm in the midst of a large fitted shelving project, no doubt to a more highly skilled person it would have all been possible without a table saw but it's been invaluable for me but then I'm also fortunate that I have the space to use one, it's only a crappy Titan not much bigger than the death trap above but it's worked absolutely fine.

I would add that respectively given the OP's apparent abilities (going by their previous posts) any table saw let alone that junk above should be treated with great trepidation.

Erm, I would say it depends what kind of projects you expect to get up to and what space you have to use, I'm in the midst of a large fitted shelving project, no doubt to a more highly skilled person it would have all been possible without a table saw but it's been invaluable for me but then I'm also fortunate that I have the space to use one, it's only a crappy Titan not much bigger than the death trap above but it's worked absolutely fine.

I would add that respectively given the OP's apparent abilities (going by their previous posts) any table saw let alone that junk above should be treated with great trepidation.

This is why I am trying to make the saw the best safety equipment I can, I don’t need to change the power switch over, but I am doing so, so it will be easier to turn off in an emergency.
I may have disabilities, I do take high pain medications, however I only ever do the dangerous type of DIY when I have a clear mind, pain is under control without taking the high strength pain medication, and I am fully supported by my mum, with one of my sisters available.
I am trying to take as much precautions when it comes to my status with additional safety from the tools required, so I don’t have a manual, the saw is old and doesn’t have modern safety precautions, however I am able to add these things onto the saw so it will be as safe as it could be.

I only need or I have missing is a riving knife, a mitre gauge/bar, a manual and the wrench/spanner’s to change the blades. I do have a blade guard, I am changing the switch over to a quick turn off.
The switch you found is not an NVR switch.
NVR is No Voltage Release, meaning if the supply voltage trips off, when the supply returns the tool dies not start up again by itself.

That switch is likely more dangerous than the switch you already have.
Suggest you make sure you fit an NVR switch.
SFK

Thank you for the heads up, this is not the switch I am going/or was going to use, it was just an example of a quick google search to show what type of switch I am after.

So yes, this saw may not be “safe” especially compared to a sawstop, but for what I need, for the safety features I am doing, and restoring this saw should be a saw that I can use for the next couple of years without the “fear”. So I don’t understand why you think this and should get rid of this “death trap”.

Oh, and I am a fan of Dean Doherty and Big Clive

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back