Space saving bathroom refit.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm on to
20240724_105022.jpg
20240724_105017.jpg
the long waiting bathroom now. It's slow going but it's happening.

It's a very small bathroom so everything I do requires thought of space saving, and insulating.

Sponsored Links
Looking to put a in-tank wall hung toilet pan in to give the appearance of space with more floor area.
20240729_122245.jpg
20240729_122133.jpg

But you can see the problem I have.

With respect, the first job I would tackle is that ceiling.
A better extractor fan would help with ventilation, but also insulation in the ceiling void and getting a vapour barrier around those downlights may be useful to help avoid reoccurrence.

Sponsored Links
With respect, the first job I would tackle is that ceiling.
A better extractor fan would help with ventilation, but also insulation in the ceiling void and getting a vapour barrier around those downlights may be useful to help avoid reoccurrence.
That's exactly what I've started today.
Ripped out Strawboard and replaced with Celotext.
20240807_173006.jpg

The ceiling will be insulated the same way once the electric and plumbing has been sorted.
The ventilation will be through ceiling with ridged ducting out through the gable end. Easier than going through roof.

20240808_221839.jpg
20240808_221834.jpg

Why not keep the vanity unit, the wc and basin, theres still plenty of room for bath and shower by the looks of things.

I don't like vanities. This may be an expensive mistake, but I'm looking at maximising a small space.

20240809_093803.jpg

I do agree with these climate protesters in so many ways.

The best way of keeping the house warm is insulation.

20240809_101800.jpg

We had a tiny bathroom and by that I much more tiny than yours, this is what we did, I agree that if space permits then avoid vanity units, I can't stand them but sometimes they're a necessary evil.

why would you say that?
I don't think we've talked at all in the forum.
Your words you deleted
''why would you say that?
I don't think we've talked at all in the forum''.

That's because I won't mix with nutters like you.

Why not stick to your baiting on the GD

We had a tiny bathroom and by that I much more tiny than yours, this is what we did, I agree that if space permits then avoid vanity units, I can't stand them but sometimes they're a necessary evil.

I've had the same space saving bath since 2005.

I wanted to find something different but I do think I'll go with that sort of design again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back