Space saving bathroom refit.

Sponsored Links
Ha

Have you any recommendations on a good extractor?

We went through a few different ones when redoing our first floor shower room.

I’d steer clear of humidistat/motion sensing ones. As the ambient humidity in the uk is quite high anyway we couldn’t get them to work properly and would always go off at random times when wet/raining outside even with it on highest setting.

The motion sensing one was slightly better but again wasn’t 100% reliable. We went for a dmev in the end (envirovent) which we like. Constant very low trickle and boosts with switched live. This has also completely removed any condensation upstairs in winter.

We went through a few different ones when redoing our first floor shower room.

I’d steer clear of humidistat/motion sensing ones. As the ambient humidity in the uk is quite high anyway we couldn’t get them to work properly and would always go off at random times when wet/raining outside even with it on highest setting.

The motion sensing one was slightly better but again wasn’t 100% reliable. We went for a dmev in the end (envirovent) which we like. Constant very low trickle and boosts with switched live. This has also completely removed any condensation upstairs in winter.
We have a trickle vent in the kitchen.

Could having another pull from each other. They would be on the same external wall.

Sponsored Links
This is taking time due to my work picking up and me being very indecisive.

Cladded the window wall with Prowarm boards and will do the other external wall to the right, once the pipework is in.
I'm hoping this will be effective as an instalation.

These houses can suffer from mold and condensation. Just need to work out on the best way for a warm floor without UFH.

It's slow due to my work, but it's moving.

Frame has started for bath.

Lintel is in place for recessed mirror cabinet.
20241005_084139.jpg
20241005_084134.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back