Speeding Ticket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Have just received a speeding ticket from police for doing 26mph in a 20mph zone.
The image provided is a night time shot with no driver visible.
The road is frequently driven by both myself and my wife.
The offence is now 6 weeks old as the vehicle is lease and we have been away on holiday so am unable to say (without reasonable doubt) who was driving at the time.
The letter suggests a 'not sure' reply will not be acceptable.
Thoughts everyone?

Cheers

Doug

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hi All

Have just received a speeding ticket from police for doing 26mph in a 20mph zone.
The image provided is a night time shot with no driver visible.
The road is frequently driven by both myself and my wife.
The offence is now 6 weeks old as the vehicle is lease and we have been away on holiday so am unable to say (without reasonable doubt) who was driving at the time.
The letter suggests a 'not sure' reply will not be acceptable.
Thoughts everyone?

Cheers

Doug
This sounds like a "it couldn't have been me" rather than "it wasn't me". Tell them who was driving or take the points

They have some sort of default if it could be either of a number of people. Someone has to collect the points. ;) It's why companies keep a check on who ever was driving a company owned car.

I very much doubt if it will be the leasing company. A lawyer once told me that in the early days when any of group might have been driving they could get away with just saying don't know who was driving and no one gained the points. There days I'd guess it will be the lease holder. If 2 can lease there would be a nominated driver on the lease. All just logical. Any holes will have been plugged.

There has been cases where a husband has tried to shift the points to the wife. Found out somehow or the other and then even more bad news comes along.

26mph. Sounds like someone driving rather slightly under an indicated 30mph. The limit via some one that sets these things up will be +10% plus 1mph but the 1mph might not always be included. Just what a particular police person sets. Always adds the 1.

I very much doubt if it will be the leasing company.

It will be (who received the NIP), which is what the OP questioned.

Edit: it was FMT.

No way will the leasing company get the points: otherwise (given the prevalence of car leasing nowadays), half of all motorists on UK roads would be Teflon :mrgreen:

26mph. Sounds like someone driving rather slightly under an indicated 30mph.

It was an indicated 20 mph zone.

Last edited:
WOW. I'm going to switch to a leased car so that I needn't worry about speeding.

Just what indicates the vehicle speed to a driver. - The speedo. True some signs also indicate it but a speed limit sign doesn't.

Sponsored Links
Back