starting a van with flat battery

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Not if it requires both disconnecting.
You could still just disconnect the rear one and use a dolly or suspended tow.
On traditional type transfer boxes you could get away with just disconnecting one prop (as all turning forces from the other prop would just go to the disconnected one) But modern 4x4s are more complicated that that so you would either have to disconect both or the the axle still connected. You really need to read the owners manual)

Not if it requires both disconnecting.
You could still just disconnect the rear one and use a dolly or suspended tow.
That's helpful! :rolleyes: Do you have any idea what you're talking about? Or are you just using the opportunity to post some gobbeldygook?
Is the country of manufacture relevant?

Shall we start all over again?
I was under the impression that for towing a four wheel drive vehicle, it was sufficient to remove one of the prop shafts, leaving all the wheels in contact with the road, and the remaining driven wheels in contact with the road, and connected to the transfer box.
Is that still the case?

Or is it now the case that it is not sufficient if both need disconnecting, :rolleyes: or some device is used to disconnect the driving wheels from the road :rolleyes:
or it's a French made vehicle, :rolleyes: or there's a 'y' in the name of the day? :rolleyes:

FFS. Can you not even interact normally with people when discussing motor vehicles?

I've told you before, I'm from Devon and arguing with me is therefore racist.

FFS. Can you not even interact normally with people when discussing motor vehicles?

I've told you before, I'm from Devon and arguing with me is therefore racist.
As you've resorted to absurdity, I'll assume you didn't know what you were talking about and you were trying to be clever.
You're obviously not too proficient at that.

Mercedes supplied some bloke Called Itler with cars

they had one down at good wood a few years back ( festival of speed)

fully restored

I've watched a few of the HGV breakdown programs on TV. It seems that (some?) HGV's similarly need their drives disconnected before towing. They disconnect a series of bolts, at the face of the hub, when they need to tow.

quite like driving autos

we had an auto transporter

and one of our blokes has a custum transit auto

way back we had an auto renault traffic van , afaik it was not automatic in the true sense ?? it changed up and down the 6 speed box (?)
via electronic gear change ?? some thing like that any way :confused: got rid of it as it was s***e but than again look were it was made (yes exactly)

my transam is an automatic as is the Corvette . Autos are or were popular in the states

a manual transam or corvette from that era would command a higher price than an automatic

Sponsored Links
Back