Stock market dealing

If newspaper tips can produce profits, then it's rather odd that the newspaper men don't put their own money on it and get endless riches without work. I can sense straw grasping.
If newspaper people make profit its probably by buying shares, tipping and selling as the buys then price rises as the fools rush in!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I don't know where newspapers are relevant apart from the topic idiot Diynutjob trying to introducing something stupid so he can slag it off.
Magazines - like Investor's Chronicle - do analyse and recommend stocks to watch. They're usually pretty good. Others are Zack's, and The Motley Fool. The Telegraph newspaper and a few others also do it, less intensively.
Sure there are some self-promoting scammers, but a quick check sees right through them.
Also, I found an extra special hot tip the other day for General Electric. Gosh how percipient. You have to be a real blistering financial whizz to find that one
No Shit, Sherlock. 40% YTD.
1691898815579.png

It keeps giving, if you're looking for entertainment.
There's a charting standard thing MT5 for showing the charts with all the squiggly lines, with the mechanics of placing orders.
Then you get a trading platform, which replaces what would once have been a broker, and you link the two together.
So the platform executes what MT5 tells it to.
MT5 is programmable.
Any fool can see that if you buy when the price turns to go up, and sell when it turns to go down, more than half the time you profit.
I've tried doing it manually, it works. With some errors in timing on the stop and start, you benefit from the rises, then sit and wait while it falls.
There's some backlash (spread) in the system, so it's not ideal.

Well, people have been busy writing algorithms which are more clever than that. You can buy them, from $50 to $3000. You can back-test the algorithms on old data. Fascinating. To begin with, it sits there doing nothing. Then there's furious buying. then nothing. Then furious selling and it shows the chart presenting the results. Mostly it's between about 40c and $1.50 profit on each position, but there are hundreds of them, within minutes..
Better than telly.
Do a search on one called Bonnitta.

I wrote an update, showing part of my accounts used for this, but must have omitted to press Post Reply, unless the mods deleted it.
I've had enough for now of being tethered to a keyboard or phone.
I was surprised to multiply my original stake so soon. Someone younger could indeed change their life doing this, but I'm not that and I don't need lots of money, I have adequate.
I must point out that wife & friends , and any non-BSing Youtube video will point out, that you have to have a brain wired the right sort of way to do it. If you struggle with percentages and ratios, or remembering rules and patterns, forget it. It's a bit like flying a plane. You admire the inching stock screen as you admire the view from the cabin window. But only if you know that you've done all your checks and they say you're OK, and you know exactly what you will do if things change.
I spoke to a trader from one of the banks. Long story short he's not allowed to take the risks I did. He ccan lose a multiple of his stake, unlimited. As a retail customer, the law protects me.
The stocks of Ocado, Rolls Royce, XPeng (Chinese ev maker) went up to about 250% in a shortish time, because of publicised events. When you use CFD (explanied above) using 50k at 5:1, getting just 2/3rds of one of those events, wins 250k (50k x 5 from 100% to 200%). I was watching all three because they'd recently gone up. There have been perhaps 2 dozen others in the past couple of months. All (maybe not Xpeng, but it's in the same group as Tesla and a few other EV cos beig monitored) were mentioned above as being under watch, before much of that growth happened. I should have done better - I would if it happened again. Those were not sudden events, they took plenty of time to pan out and pile into.

If I CanBA to stay watching, I'd have alarms on 2-3 dozen companies, like all the LIDAR manufacturers, who will one day get orders from the major car makers for self-driving cars, and their stocks will rocket. You could also monitor drug co's, mining companies and chip makers.

If you open an account, deposit £100, have a go at something you like the sound of and turn your back, you will have lost £100, without even knowing why.
But if you do lots of reading, watch several Youtubes, and have the aptitude, you can do OK. A chap calling himself "the Moving Average" is one. There are many ways to go depending on your time.

Advice: Practise on a Demo account, until you win consistently, before using real money. Then trade using tiny amounts of real money - the psychology changes, and you can learn to be a psychopath and just treat it as you should - just numbers.

Last edited:
That was quick. I did warn the market teacher was fast, but not this fast. I bet you suddenly found renewed zeal for the hard labour of doing up renters. To succeed in betting, you need to understand the bookie business. You cannot get this from the news nor from youtube videos.

I wrote an update, showing part of my accounts used for this, but must have omitted to press Post Reply, unless the mods deleted it.
I was surprised to multiply my original stake so soon. Someone younger could indeed change their life doing this, but I'm not that and I don't need lots of money, I have adequate.
I must point out that wife & friends , and any non-BSing Youtube video will point out, that you have to have a brain wired the right sort of way to do it. If you struggle with percentages and ratios, or remembering rules and patterns, forget it. It's a bit like flying a plane. You admire the inching stock screen as you admire the view from the cabin window. But only if you know that you've done all your checks and they say you're OK, and you know exactly what you will do if things change.
I spoke to a trader from one of the banks. Long story short he's not allowed to take the risks I did. He ccan lose a multiple of his stake, unlimited. As a retail customer, the law protects me.
The stocks of Ocado, Rolls Royce, XPeng (Chinese ev maker) went up to about 250% in a shortish time, because of publicised events. When you use CFD (explanied above) using 50k at 5:1, getting just 2/3rds of one of those events, wins 250k (50k x 5 from 100% to 200%). I was watching all three because they'd recently gone up. There have been perhaps 2 dozen others in the past couple of months. All (maybe not Xpeng, but it's in the same group as Tesla and a few other EV cos beig monitored) were mentioned above as being under watch, before much of that growth happened. I should have done better - I would if it happened again. Those were not sudden events, they took plenty of time to pan out and pile into.

If I CanBA to stay watching, I'd have alarms on 2-3 dozen companies, like all the LIDAR manufacturers, who will one day get orders from the major car makers for self-driving cars, and their stocks will rocket. You could also monitor drug co's, mining companies and chip makers.

If you open an account, deposit £100, have a go at something you like the sound of and turn your back, you will have lost £100, without even knowing why.
But if you do lots of reading, watch several Youtubes, and have the aptitude, you can do OK. A chap calling himself "the Moving Average" is one. There are many ways to go depending on your time.

Advice: Practise on a Demo account, until you win consistently, before using real money. Then trade using tiny amounts of real money - the psychology changes, and you can learn to be a psychopath and just treat it as you should - just numbers.
I find it interesting to see how money flows through the market. How much probability do you use in considering options?

That was quick. I did warn the market teacher was fast, but not this fast. I bet you suddenly found renewed zeal for the hard labour of doing up renters. To succeed in betting, you need to understand the bookie business. You cannot get this from the news nor from youtube videos.
You have nothing to say. You're just a troll. Nobody has learned anything from you in this thread, only about you - all bad. Yes there's lots I don't know how to do but I've rubbed together about £300k in a couple of months. YOU?
I'm retired. Moi doesn't work. Renters are managed for me, earning more than I'm spending, and I don't need more money.
The lumps I took out of the trading a/c mostly went into separate accounts each, at one bank...

Screenshot 2023-08-18 012301.png

Last edited:
I find it interesting to see how money flows through the market. How much probability do you use in considering options?
Yes, it's all a bit bonkers. If you look up the amount of money traded in foreign exchange every day, just to make a profit, it's out of all proportion to, well, anything. All wrong, somehow.
If you mean probablilities on individual "orders" it varies. For a normal sort of cfd order, or stock purchase, it's got to be better than about 3:1 likelihood of going the way I want or I wouldn't bother, but then the probabililties can only be educated guesses. That's not really a correct way to use "probability" because if it starts to go south you get out. In that sense you might start hoping to make say 12 but if you abort you may lose 2, so 6:1.
I haven't done much regular dealing. You can chip away all day and earn a couple of percent, but it's better to find out about good earnings numbers or predictable events and jump aboard. LIke when VW bought a chunk of Chinese EV maker Xpeng, their shares rose for the next couple of hours. Pile in and push a stop-loss just under the current price, and see how far it goes. No chance of losing, after you clear the bid-offer spread and then your stop-loss distance.
If you mean share options,, I can't buy them on my current platform. They do make sense. If Microsoft's results were coming out, the shares might go up or down, depending what the market was expecting. There would be leakage, hints, other indicators. So if the shares are at 100 and you expect 110, you can pile in and also buy an Option to sell MS shares at 99 in a few days' time, in case they go down. It's like insurance. If the shares do go up, you don't exercise the option, and let it expire. If you'd bought an option to sell at 102 then you hedged your bet but don't need the option, so you sell your new shares at 110, and sell the option to someone if you can. If the shares drop after the initial rise, which is common, you can still use it - buy at 95 and sell at the 99 or 102.

Last edited:
Prepare to learn a whole new vocabulary.
Then it depends what you want to do - I mean you can use the SM in lots of different ways. If you're in Canada, you have more options than in the USA.
You can "deal" once a year, or once a minute.....
Hit Youtube, see what appeals for the time you have. Get a free dealing platform and use "paper" money. All free.

I try not to spend long at the computer but it's addictive when something big is happening like NVIDIA's results, a couple of hours ago.
I still have the account. Using CFD, as explained above, I used £50k at the usual 5:1 for Nvidia stock.
In round numbers: the shares went up 10%.
50k at 5:1 buys 250k worth of stock.
250k worth becomes worth 10% of 250k more, which is 25k
So that was the profit which took a few mins to do.
Yes if the banks (I think it was Morgan Stanley and HSBC) who recently promoted Nvidia, and all other commentators, were wrong, and the results were'nt in line, I could have lost 25k. As you can see from the statements shown in above posts, that would have been OK. Annoying, granted.

If I'd been more motivated, I would have bought 1 day Options. About £38/£1000, through a proper bank. You can phone the bank to get them "Placed" same day , so they don't expire. I haven't tried that yet, so maybe for next time. Then 250k would cost 9500, and if the price doesn't go up you let them expire. Loss 9500 instead of 25k.
Or, risk of same loss if you buy 25k of options offering profit about 10% of (25k/38)x 1000 = £65k. Surprising, isn't it? You don't pay tax on it, it would be cgt, which you can defer forever, or lose in crypto "apparently". A friend said..

Marvell results tomorrow, if I CBA.

As a forensic accounting expert, Pope understands how this power comes with significant responsibilities and potential pitfalls. The pressure from market expectations can sometimes drive companies to inflate their financial performance, creating a precarious ethical landscape for the accountants overseeing the company’s financial activity.

Pope highlights a key problem area: the mismatch between the money a company actually has (cash) and the money it records as earned (revenue). In the wrong hands, this system can be exploited, leading to serious legal consequences. She emphasizes that accountants often face hard choices and must stand firm in their ethics to ensure transparency and fairness in business.

Why Fraud still exists on Wall Street

Some food for thought for everyone seeking to make fast cash playing the S. market.

The whole system's bonkers and not seriously regulated, it's manipulated and corrupt. Like the rest of the world, really. Well, yes,, so?

Mad one the other day was a VIentnamese(?) SIngapore quoted EV maker Vinfast which has (someone said) produced 1000 vehicles, all of which have been recalled. It hasn't made a profit but its valuation rose way above Mercedes, Ford, GM, BMW,...
1693059394691.png

Sponsored Links
Back