Stock market dealing

Thanks. Although I think you might be giving me more credit than I deserve. The breakout and high volume came at 15:06 and I had already got in at 14:52. I did it more on the basis that there was a dip in an upward trend and the traderlive email spoke about tesla analyst upgrades. I got out because it started to show red candles, and I felt that it had to run out of steam before too long given the shortened hours of trading. Agreed, I could have done this perhaps a minute earlier.

Sponsored Links
Well you were in a pullback area then.
That's the nice thing about a catalyst, your chances are much better.
1720106413079.png

You enetered at the grey/blue squiggle
Those bands and the BUY indicators come from Tradingview. I haven't used those before.
Playing with them, they seem to be saying, "It was lower and now it's going up, so buy". Well, no sh*t sherlock, but it's like the moving average method, works overall I suppose.
The "Select Bar" thing is to help with backtesting.
I think you get the TradingView toys inthe free version but only for one name at a time

A fixed rate savings thing just matured so I'll stick it in a S&S ISA at T212. They currently give 5.2%. NVD3 has been good to me in EToro so I'll use it for that, when things stabilise a bit.
India is going OK, and Japan should be better soon, and as (if/when) the Yen strengthens it'll take the shares value higher.

Concensus of highly paid people seems to be that there could be pull back in the tech sector in the next week or three, possibly 25% or so. Whenever I've reacted to such hings it has turned out to be insignificant or it comes right back in a week.. July last year was flat though.
The banks' results are the next ones out I think. The numbers usually rise into results, followed by a crap shoot on the day, so the buildup is the safer play.
Ethereum has an etf coming out "soon" apparently so that should jump - sometime.

I have a lot in LLY. There have been whinges from Biden about egregious prices of drugs in the USA (because they're afraid of getting sued) and vague reports of problems wit the diet pills, so that could cost me a carworth or houseworth, we'll see.

It would be more impressive if TradingView could show some sell signals as well - deciding when to sell was probably the hardest thing about that trade.

I've been thinking that the Yen will strengthen for over a year now - no sign of it yet.

I've done quite well on the betting exchanges this week over Biden's deteriorating chances of being being Democrat nominee. Is there a spreadbetting proxy I can use for that?

Profitable today:

16:10
05/07/2024 16:28
Marathon Digital Holdings Inc (All Sessions)
-£60.00
15:34
05/07/2024 16:28
Apple Inc (All Sessions)
£5.60
14:53
05/07/2024 16:01
Polestar Automotive Holding UK Ltd
£38.10
15:02
05/07/2024 15:39
Marathon Digital Holdings Inc (All Sessions)
£140.40
14:45
05/07/2024 14:48
-£22.50
14:45
05/07/2024 14:48
-£34.60
Total
£67.00

Sponsored Links
if TradingView could show some sell signals as well
YOu can do your own. The simple ones [edit - which you can get TV to show you] are always late. Ones based on Macd with adjusted periods, or commodity channel which is actually similar, can be good at telling you when there's a divergence, so you get out when it goes peaky
Biden's deteriorating

spreadbetting proxy
So you're short Biden? Yuh I think that stock is weakening too.
Trendwise , oil, and a few other sectors are reckoned to rise when T gets in.

Friday I was half asleep. I came to, at the pc, with no positions open. Panicked for a mo then realised they'd hit TPs not SLs, so not so bad.
Got lucky with ZAPP. I noticed the blue peak on a scanner pre-market, so went long a couple of times near the yellows. The second was just before the close. Not big punts but the percentages were nice. Ever tried small-cap gappers? When they're good they can be very good.
CHerif and Neal started with those. Their "rules" filter for the higher chance ones, but it's a bit of a lottery.
1720265818107.png

India is currently good. Japan should come up, especially if there are jitters in the US.
If T gets in and sends a few hundred thousand immigrants back, their labour supply problems will magnify. High import tarrifs on China will cause a big inflation boost. Oops.
By the way, looked at Turkish stocks? - bonkers.

Last edited:
Back