Super - Drug/Market

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I went into my local Superdrug shop yesterday, quite a large concern....
I could not find what I wanted, so I asked the pharmacist if they sold First Aid Kits. "No sorry we don't do those!", as I turned away I had to walk around a large display of stereo systems, "Jack of All......" comes to mind.

Sponsored Links
I,ve never really considered Super Drug to be a chemist, as you would perhaps Boots, but more of a supermarket, but without the food.

If you want a decent first aid kit try your local H&S supplies stockist.

True about H & S but then maybe the word "Drug" threw me!

Sounds a bit like some filling stations these days where you can do a small shop buy a coffee or sandwich but can't get engine oil or pump up your tyres etc.

Sponsored Links
Dave - do you remember the OLD shell station in Didsbury? Used to sell everything!!!

Do you mean West Didsbury on the Parkway? as I seem to remember one near Parrs Wood Road/Kingsway area too.(or is that Burnage?)

There are so many filling stations closing these days I don't think they can compete with the supermarkets plus land values for flats are so high.

david and julie said:
There are so many filling stations closing these days I don't think they can compete with the supermarkets plus land values for flats are so high.
Petrol company are shutting down all forecourt with less than 4 pumps. :cry:

david and julie said:
Do you mean West Didsbury on the Parkway? as I seem to remember one near Parrs Wood Road/Kingsway area too.(or is that Burnage?)

Neither!! The one in Didsbury Village. Before they built the new one, there was an old filling station (still Shell, I think) whose shop was literally bursting with anything you could think of. And come to think of it, loads you couldn't, too!!!

Sponsored Links
Back