Supporting Stairs, Replacement of suspended ventilated floor with insulation and concrete floor

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi All,

I'm in the middle of replacing a suspended ventilated floor with poured insulation and a polished concrete floor. The finished floor level will also be dropped by ~100mm. As I am dropping the floor level, I will have to remove the bottom step and lower it slightly. Obviously this isn't ideal as the first two steps will have a 50mm higher rise then the rest of the steps, but at least the landing will break this up.

To remove the existing sleeper walls and joists under the stairs I put in the temporary supports under the stringers and under the newel.

I'm trying to figure out what's the best way to support these stairs. Ideally I would add all supports back once the concrete has been poured. I also don't want to pour around two many supports as I am worried this will add stresses into the concrete and with a polished concrete floor the last thing I would like are cracks because I have poured around a lot of support beams.

In a few years we may replace the stairs.

1728423412107.png
1728423430688.png

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back