Swearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
petewood said:
If people's feet take them down the silly path why should you turn them back?

My path aint silly, its just plain crazy (crazy paving that is, LOL :LOL: )

Sponsored Links
I have a nasty feeling that this might be directed at me.

I made a post the other day using an adjective relating to the inventor of the flushing loo (look it up, his first name was Thomas).

This was replaced by the auto-censor as "rubishy".

I didn't mind that: the replacement got my point across just as well, but "rubishy" is an incorrect spelling. I therefore edited my post with a note to mods/admin, that if they must censor such an innocent word they could at least do it properly as "rubbishy".

Swear filters are all very well (and I do agree this site is accessible by all), but when auto-replacements make members look like illiterate fools, I take umbrage.

ninebob said:
Swear filters are all very well (and I do agree this site is accessible by all), but when auto-replacements make members look like illiterate fools, I take umbrage.

I totally agree, I am more than capable of making myself look foolish without the help of other people.

ninebob said:

Do you mind? I don't need an auto-replacement to make me look like an ilituret fule!

Also, Gerald Ratner used the same word you used to describe his own product and it didn't do him any harm!

Sponsored Links
while staying over here on holiday i had i walk and eveywhere i when i could here people swearing i think it is english sociaty they go on holiday to spain they are like animals this english culture is realy bad expecialy the northern people they cant say a sentance without the f word

Sounds fine, as long as you're not using "muster" as some coded rude replacement for excrement.

i dont get this. This website is set up and run by people and used by another set for their own indulgence. So surely its up to those that run it to make the rules, and for those that use it to have the manners to abide by them. :confused:

Thermo said:
i dont get this. This website is set up and run by people and used by another set for their own indulgence. So surely its up to those that run it to make the rules, and for those that use it to have the manners to abide by them. :confused:

I completely agree with this, but it doesn't hurt to take the p.

countygardens said:
petewood said:
If people's feet take them down the silly path why should you turn them back?

My path aint silly, its just plain crazy (crazy paving that is, LOL :LOL: )

Never mind walk down the silly path, I was born onto it! Some would say head-first...... :LOL:

petewood said:
Also, Gerald Ratner used the same word you used to describe his own product and it didn't do him any harm!

That's right, Pete!

He didn't call his earrings "total four letter word meaning poo", his joke didn't backfire, his sales didn't plummet, and he didn't go out of business.........

His quote was something like:

The earrings are cheaper than a prawn sandwich from Marks & Spencer, but probably wouldn't last as long.

securespark said:
That's right, Pete!

He didn't call his earrings "total four letter word meaning poo", his joke didn't backfire, his sales didn't plummet, and he didn't go out of business.........

:D :D :D (for 'none-insiders' see here

It might even end up in the dictionary ;)

securespark said:
petewood said:

That's right, Pete!

I was joking really. He was describing I think a sherry decanter on a 'silver' tray and he said that when people asked him how he could sell them so cheaply he uttered the immortal words "Because they are total ****
I wonder how many times he has kicked himself over those words?

I see slogger's post has been censored (no just deleted). Will you never learn?

too much time on there ******************* hands isnt it buncha winging ((((((((((((( ah shift and 9 hasnt got the same edge as ***************

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back