Tesco profits.

P

paulbrown

Not bad eh!
Supermarket giant Tesco has reported an underlying £2.25bn profit for the past year, 17% higher than the year before.
The firm, which has a 30% share of UK supermarket sales, said the results represented "good progress in a more challenging year".
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4941236.stm

Mind you not sure if I agree with them earning it off the backs of cheaper immigrant labour.

Paul Brown wrote about foreign labour.
It has also been suggested we welcome this as it gives us cheaper goods and services.
pickles replied.
You are getting a reduction in prices. The supermarkets buy products from firms that cut labour costs to a minimum to compete amongst themselves and then use the reduced costs to compete with other supermarkets for our busine.

Can't be competing all that hard can they.;)

Sponsored Links
Ah well, I suppose my son will be getting a good amount of staff shares this year then. I think he deserves them for working for them though :rolleyes: He has had an infected bite on his leg for four months now (being treated by Doctors) and when the hospital insisted he take a week sick when it first flared up he was threatened with disciplinary action :eek: .

Wouldn't have been so bad if he'd been out somewhere and gotten it but it looked for all intents and purposes like a spider bite & where else would he have acquired one of those when the only place he'd been for three days was home, in his car and Tesco....

Not my imagination that it's a spider bite or something as gross either. His leg looked like someone had placed a bright red fried egg on it and where the yolk would be it was dark purple with two black dots in the centre. He had to have his leg cut open and loads of flesh scooped out *ewwwwwwwwwwwww*. the Doctors have taken loads of photo's of it and had to send away loads of swabs and blood tests every time he goes for a dressing change. Thankfully, after several courses of antibiotics and four months it is beginning to heal :rolleyes:

Brightness said:
Ah well, I suppose my son will be getting a good amount of staff shares this year then. I think he deserves them for working for them though :rolleyes: He has had an infected bite on his leg for four months now (being treated by Doctors) and when the hospital insisted he take a week sick when it first flared up he was threatened with disciplinary action :eek: .

Wouldn't have been so bad if he'd been out somewhere and gotten it but it looked for all intents and purposes like a spider bite & where else would he have acquired one of those when the only place he'd been for three days was home, in his car and Tesco....

Not my imagination that it's a spider bite or something as gross either. His leg looked like someone had placed a bright red fried egg on it and where the yolk would be it was dark purple with two black dots in the centre. He had to have his leg cut open and loads of flesh scooped out *ewwwwwwwwwwwww*. the Doctors have taken loads of photo's of it and had to send away loads of swabs and blood tests every time he goes for a dressing change. Thankfully, after several courses of antibiotics and four months it is beginning to heal :rolleyes:

Thanks for that brightness,

I was just enjoying some cheese on toast until i got near the end bit, :( :LOL: ;)

Sponsored Links
Easy answer Shop else-friggin-where.....bloody Lemmings :rolleyes: TESCO=666

paulbrown said:
pickles said:
You are getting a reduction in prices. The supermarkets buy products from firms that cut labour costs to a minimum to compete amongst themselves and then use the reduced costs to compete with other supermarkets for our busine.

Can't be competing all that hard can they.;)
The fact that Tesco is the most successful supermarket chain in the country does not indicate that the other chains are not competing very hard.

Nor is the fact that Tesco is making what appears to be an obscene profit an indicator of lack of competition, merely that the competition is less successful.

Your statement is facile; idiotic in fact. But you'll no doubt claim that it wasn't serious on the grounds that you followed it with a winking emoticon.

Sponsored Links
Back