Texecom Smartcom 4G - ethernet but no GSM signal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, recently installed Premiere Elite 48 with Smartcom 4G, alarm works as expected, cloud is fine along with connect. The Smartcom 4G is connected with ethernet/LAN cable which works OK, but, for some reason the unit does not seem to think 4G is operational (no light), or even present. When trying to connect to a site through Texecom cloud and selecting Dual path the message returns an error as follows:

"The communicator type you have selected has 4G capability but the one associated with the site does not. To complete this process you will need to physically replace the communicator."

Am I missing something here, does ethernet cancel out the 4G, did the config not complete as it should, hoping the Smartcom unit is not faulty! no doubt something I missed. Push notifications are also all working as expected. Wondering if I need to connect it to Wi-Fi instead of LAN, no doubt a simple press of the button on Smartcom will resolve this :LOL:

Any thoughts on this welcome, I do have Wintex running and configured most of the system using this method, as for the Smartcom and 4G, can't see the wood for the trees at this point :giggle:

Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Are you paying/ paid for the 4g service ?
I would like to, the error occurs when attempting to subscribe to the new connection plan via Texecom Cloud. It is almost as though I am using a Smartcom and not a Smartcom 4G.

Sponsored Links
Post picture of the unit you have fitted does it have an aerial ?
Smartcom 4G with default Texecom antenna connected, 100% a 4G unit, purchased new just a week ago. I have 20+ years in IT Networking/Support so reasonably competent, set up the system no issues through Wintex. This style unit as below with the four lights, currently LAN and Cloud are solid, wifi and 4G not on at all - Texecom logo is all white not coloured as shown in this image.

1727100838557.png

Ok ….you never know …
At a guess your paying for single path ….Ethernet , there are various option as I understand it
Single path Ethernet ( standard smartcom) free
Single path gsm ( smartcom gsm ) yearly charge @ £xxx
Dual path Ethernet and gsm ( yearly charge ) @ £xxx
We have a couple of 4g units out there ….only because there wasn’t broadband on site ,so never set up with Ethernet
Speak to Texecom

OK, mystery solved! I had totally failed to realise the 4G module lights are behind the main cover, they were dead, bad micro USB connection on the lower socket, wiggle it and the lights come on :oops: - will test another cable just to be sure what it is but looks like a bad socket. Will have to return either way, I did think it felt a bit insecure when reconnecting, makes sense now. Thought I was going mad. Thanks for you response and assistance.

Ok ….you never know …
At a guess your paying for single path ….Ethernet , there are various option as I understand it
Single path Ethernet ( standard smartcom) free
Single path gsm ( smartcom gsm ) yearly charge @ £xxx
Dual path Ethernet and gsm ( yearly charge ) @ £xxx
We have a couple of 4g units out there ….only because there wasn’t broadband on site ,so never set up with Ethernet
Speak to Texecom
I plan to go Dual path Ethernet and GSM, mainly for failover if internet drops out or line cut! will order a replacement and get this one returned, at least now I know where those GSM module lights are 'hidden' :giggle: - annoying though, wasted some time troubleshooting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back