Thoughts on supplies to power thermostats, where they are taken from.

Sponsored Links
One can get lockable covers, to stop plug being either plugged in or unplugged, not sure if you can reach the switch with cover in place?

The idea of a switch in the main is to reduce arching, now we have sleved pins, no real need as far as touching pins when using.

So I can't see a reason either way, switched or unswitched it hardly matters.

!! Pedant Alert !! Pedant Alert !!

I assume secure means "must be unswitched".
they must be unswitched sockets from a time when SP switching of sockets was more common than nowadays, the original MK Logic were SP switching for many years, one reason I didnt like them, but I did prefer Contactum and Crabtree and this was one of the reasons. So having to unplug gives you disconnection in both poles irrespective of make.

I did once do a plug and socket on a boiler but I craftily run a fixed earth by separate means and waited for the LA Grants officerr to comment about possible lack of Earth , but he never mentioned it) He was a former plumber so I thought he might be keen about that one.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Ho, I didnt make sense when I said that. I will correct it. Sorry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back