Trump leads

• Thread starter Deleted member 221031
  • Start date
Well I think I'll stay clear of this going nowhere thread.

Sponsored Links
While for many Americans, the Trump years were characterised by chaos, inflammatory remarks and a rise in bigotry, the former president’s supporters yearn for the time when he was in the Oval Office. Trump supporters interviewed by Al Jazeera outlined three main reasons why they are backing the former president: the economy, record levels of migrant arrivals at the southern border and global instability. Trump’s extroverted personality and his legal woes also add to his appeal.

The White House has been arguing that the US economy is healthy, highlighting the low unemployment, strong growth, and investments in infrastructure and noting that inflation that ravaged the global economy during the COVID-19 pandemic is coming under control.

But voters who favour Trump pointed to their own economic struggles and high interest rates to paint a different picture of the economy. “We need something different than what we’re doing now. It’s not working. I was making more money than I ever have, and now I’m broker than I’ve ever been,” said David Brunell, a 32-year-old Trump supporter, who sat in the overflow room awaiting the former president’s appearance.

People are weird... while the rich become even richer, the bottom feeders look to a 'man' like Trump to save them; blinded by the bullsh!t of his time on tv in The Apprentice and the endless self-promotion and bluster deployed in his quest to end democracy and bring about the evangelical Promised Land.

The article goes on to say...

Although foreign policy has seldom been a top issue in recent US elections, several Trump supporters mentioned the wars in Ukraine and Gaza as the outcome of bad policies by Biden.

As president, Trump was staunchly pro-Israel. He moved the US embassy to Jerusalem, ended US funding for the UN agency for Palestinian refugees (UNRWA) and brokered diplomatic deals between Israel and Arab countries that bypassed the Palestinian quest for statehood.

...Which led Hamas to launch the attack on Israel in the first place; to avoid becoming sidelined in Middle Eastern politics.

I'm not saying Trump supporters are entirely dim, but a 40W bulb isn't much use to see where they're going.

While for many Americans, the Trump years were characterised by chaos, inflammatory remarks and a rise in bigotry, the former president’s supporters yearn for the time when he was in the Oval Office. Trump supporters interviewed by Al Jazeera outlined three main reasons why they are backing the former president: the economy, record levels of migrant arrivals at the southern border and global instability. Trump’s extroverted personality and his legal woes also add to his appeal.

The White House has been arguing that the US economy is healthy, highlighting the low unemployment, strong growth, and investments in infrastructure and noting that inflation that ravaged the global economy during the COVID-19 pandemic is coming under control.

But voters who favour Trump pointed to their own economic struggles and high interest rates to paint a different picture of the economy. “We need something different than what we’re doing now. It’s not working. I was making more money than I ever have, and now I’m broker than I’ve ever been,” said David Brunell, a 32-year-old Trump supporter, who sat in the overflow room awaiting the former president’s appearance.

People are weird... while the rich become even richer, the bottom feeders look to a 'man' like Trump to save them; blinded by the bullsh!t of his time on tv in The Apprentice and the endless self-promotion and bluster deployed in his quest to end democracy and bring about the evangelical Promised Land.

These people are spoon fed right wing bile 24 hours a day - just look at how many right wing news sources there are in the uk

Sky News
GB News
Talk TV

Daily Telegraph
Times
Sun
Mail
Express
Star

To top it off what gets promoted on Facebook and Twitter is the sensationalist drivel.

We are in a mess of our own creation and the public will just keep on punching down and not resolve anything.

Sponsored Links
I'm afraid that america might be on a sticky wicket however it goes. If trump wins america will become a dictatorship and if he doesn't america could be plunged into civil war

I think Civil War is a stretch too far but who can say what the madness of another Election involving Trump can bring: his actions inflame opinions across America, spread through the Internet like a malevolent worm, and pop up around the world in places where immigration has become a touchstone for far-right groups. The most recent in Germany should be cause for grave concern...

Over the past week tens of thousands of people have taken to the streets of German cities to demonstrate against rightwing extremism. The protests were sparked by the revelation that members of the far-right Alternative für Deutschland (AfD) party had attended a meeting with neo-Nazis and other extremists to discuss the mass deportation of migrants, asylum seekers and German citizens of foreign origin deemed to have failed to integrate.

The meeting took place in a hotel outside the east German city of Potsdam on 25 November, but did not come to light until 10 January, when it was revealed by the investigative outlet Correctiv. A central focus was a presentation by Martin Sellner, the Austrian leader of the ethno-nationalist Identitarian movement, about the practicalities of carrying out mass deportation, referred to in far-right circles as “remigration”.

According to reports from participants shared with Correctiv’s journalists, business figures were present who donated money to the cause. An emphasis was placed upon on how to implement the deportation policy in the event that the AfD came to power. According to reports by Die Zeit and Der Spiegel on 18 January, the November meeting was in fact the seventh of its kind.

theGarundia.com

I was sat having a brew in an office I do work for yesterday. The manager bet me £50 Trump would get back into office again!

Easy £50 for me. Although last time he won, I bet against him too.

Cool story

Are the public so beaten down by struggling that they will let Trump back in?

If you want to blame someone for the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer - look at yourself for punching down and believing the only reason you or someone you know are struggling is because your coat tails are being dragged down by someone worse off than you.

Wealth has become more and more concentrated and economies have become more and more renty - whereby people rent because it is too expensive to own, this impacts the growth of the economy with effects seen everywhere.

But sure the solution is more of the same?

Demagogues are skilled in blaming others for your own ills.

The best thing you can do with Trump followers is talk sense.
This will confuse them long enough for you to slip away and enjoy a quiet pint in peace.:cool:

The best thing you can do with Trump followers is talk sense.
This will confuse them long enough for you to slip away and enjoy a quiet pint in peace.:cool:

They say he was good for the economy - sure tell me how - they can never explain.

I was reading an article about The Soprano's (25 years now!) and David Chase lamenting the state of American tv since the golden age of HBO - he went on to say how American's have been looking at their tv for so long they've become inured to the bullsh!t, the hype and the salesmanship. Just a constant stream of bullsh!t, fed directly into their brain via the screen. That became their life. And then this guy came along who is bullsh!t personified and they're so used to it they can't tell the difference anymore. And they want it. They need it. Are you not entertained?

democracy dies when liars like Trump and Johnson win power

And there was precious little of it before

Well trump may snuff it in office and in any event he will only be allowed to serve one more term
Assuming he gets in ??

In that 5 years there may be an up side ??

The mad mullers ?? (y) May be ??

I was reading an article about The Soprano's (25 years now!) and David Chase lamenting the state of American tv since the golden age of HBO - he went on to say how American's have been looking at their tv for so long they've become inured to the bullsh!t, the hype and the salesmanship. Just a constant stream of bullsh!t, fed directly into their brain via the screen. That became their life. And then this guy came along who is bullsh!t personified and they're so used to it they can't tell the difference anymore. And they want it. They need it. Are you not entertained?
So Trump is Tony in the Soprano’s ?

Sponsored Links
Back