Two dormers leaking bottom corner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have two dormers both of which are leaking in the same area, bottom right in between the edge of the window and corner of the dormers. I have wet patches on my ceiling. Flat roof has been redone with rubber. Would anyone have an idea how the water is coming in. It always happens when the wind and rain comes from an easterly direction hitting the face of the dormers. When the wind and rain isn’t coming from the east I don’t get a leak. I have circled where the wet patch is on my ceiling below. To the left of the dormers is the angled part of the roof. Want to be prepared before I ring a professional to come in and fix it.
Thank for any advice.

Attachments

• IMG_0022.jpeg
    IMG_0022.jpeg
    329.1 KB · Views: 32
Sponsored Links
Hi, I have two dormers both of which are leaking in the same area, bottom right in between the edge of the window and corner of the dormers. I have wet patches on my ceiling. Flat roof has been redone with rubber. Would anyone have an idea how the water is coming in. It always happens when the wind and rain comes from an easterly direction hitting the face of the dormers. When the wind and rain isn’t coming from the east I don’t get a leak. I have circled where the wet patch is on my ceiling below. To the left of the dormers is the angled part of the roof. Want to be prepared before I ring a professional to come in and fix it.
Thank for any advice.
I'd want to know how well the rubber re-roof guys, weathered the connections to both the slope and the dormer upstand? It could also be entering further up the roof....?

Last edited:
I'd want to know how well the rubber re-roof guys, weathered the connections to both the slope and the dormer upstand? It could also be entering further up the roof....?
Had someone out and they have stated same as you. Doesn’t go far enough up the sloped roof part. Took two rows or tiles out above the first row and now runner to be seem. Assuming that will be the issue.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back