UK inflation 80% caused by brexit

Sponsored Links
UK imports almost 30% of its food from EU.

and on all that food we have to pay mahoosive Brexit trade barriers.
Well, if they are fed up with selling us their food, we'll just have to go elsewhere. Their loss.

So what's the reason for those countries in the EU that have higher inflation than the UK?

View attachment 269580

I don't care what these numbers say.... Fact is that -

1. Milk / Milk product prices have gone up slowly by over 30 % in the last 5 years.
2. Bread prices have almost doubled in the last 4 years
3. Fruit prices have gone up, You pay the same price, but the quantity is less.. for example, 500 g grapes pack are now 400g packs. Expect this trend to be used by almost all super markets.
4. House prices have gone up crazily. People who keep saving for decent housing are having difficulties catching up with price rises.
Savings have come down.
5. We have a MP telling to change jobs to earn more or work more hours. If i change jobs, they are only paying less. Fact check - Many jobs are advertised with very less salary than what the job title deserves.
6. No pay rise this year.
7. If you want to refurbish or renowate or replace items in your house, then the item prices and service prices have all gone up by 20-40%. I am told in July raw material prices are all going up by around 5-10 % including new boilers (not sure if this is true. I just assumed it was sales / marketting gimmic).
8. Conservaties and the government are busy saving the PM and the PM just wanted to get on with the work ignoring all his lies and back stabings.
9. Visa rules relaxations for skilled workers / white collar jobs.
10. Lack of workers to carry out day to day jobs in the farming sector
11. Utility prices have all gone up. We all know the effects on common man. Very convenient to blame Russia.
12. Crisp pack sizes have come down by 30 gms (180g to 150g) now and priced same as before. Branded products increased price by 25p.

Has the Brexit been beneficial to me ?
No

Will the Brexit be beneficial to me in the future ?
No

Has Brexit helped conman ?
Yes

Do i see any advantages from Brexit ?
No

Do i think we were lied or given inaccurate information on Brexit by Brexit campaigners like BoJo ?
Yes

Do i feel inside EU was safer for UK ?
Yes - very much.

What will i vote if referendum is carried out again now for joining EU ?
Will vote in favour to join EU

I understand things play out as directed by conmans. But Boris Johnson is yet to explain how brexit benefitted common man like me.
Whether prices rise or not, If in EU, we will atleast be safe and likely to have legislations and security and protection and bound by good regulations and not become a capitalistic economy like US.

Can you imagine what would have happened if Trump won his presidency for the second term ? Bo Jo and Trump are very good friends and we all know the relationship between Trump and Putin.
With a selfless true genuine leader like Bo Jo, UK would have been doing great :) now. But fortunately Biden won and Putin's plan didn't work out as expected and we see the aftermath - Ukraine situation.​

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Well, if they are fed up with selling us their food, we'll just have to go elsewhere. Their loss.
"go elsewhere" - very loose term.
NOW I UNDERSTAND how people would have voted for Brexit.
You still don't get it, do you ? Sorry but these are very basics and common sense as well.
Buy things from neighbours who share similar weather, food habits, and bound by regulations on what things can be sold (again when i say 'what things', it just means manufacturing processes) and cultural values to get the best out of imports. Buying from near neighbours also cost less transportation costs and less border queues/checks if from the same economic trading zone.

Last edited:
"go elsewhere" - very loose term.
NOW I UNDERSTAND how people would have voted for Brexit.
You still don't get it, do you ? Sorry but these are very basics and common sense as well.
Buy things from neighbours who share similar weather, food habits, and bound by regulations on what things can be sold (again when i say 'what things', it just means manufacturing processes) and cultural values to get the best out of imports. Buying from near neighbours also cost less transportation costs and less border queues/checks if from the same economic trading zone.

Here’s a post of mine from two years ago talking about how things were a year before that. STILL nothing has changed much. Do we really need the EU?

12D26A59-12DE-49B6-861A-8E68A5FE15E4.jpeg

Here’s a post of mine from two years ago talking about how things were a year before that. STILL nothing has changed much. Do we really need the EU?

View attachment 270695
A little bit of truth, but everything else "Lies, Lies, Only Lies and Mottie and More lies"
I am wasting time with you. You must be a Trump supporter... :D

Enjoy

Silly Billy.

The trade barriers we face importing from EU are no different from the rest of the world.

View attachment 270695

The UK imports 30% of food from EU.

as an EU member we could import with no trade barriers.

since brexit the UK has these trade barriers:

rules of origin checks
sanitary and phytosanitary controls
transit documents
customs declarations.

When we were in the Single Market, none of those applied.

Now we are a third country, they do.

if we buy the rest of the world, they do.

brexit is sh1t Mottie loses, the poor chap can’t back from that.

View attachment 270695
Hey numbnuts, guess what has just gone massively in price: energy.

where is our nearest trade partner….EU

where is China, Columbia…..frigging miles away

Poor Motties loses to facts :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

1.2% difference. Big deal! It’s not as if they have no inflation while we have 9%.
But you voted for Brexit because things would be better.

they aren’t.

everything by every metric is worse.

You are a salty leaver LOSER.
You were conned
You are still being conned
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

they aren’t.

everything by every metric is worse.

You are a salty leaver LOSER.
You were conned
You are still being conned
Don't waste your time... When i read the list of countries he quoted for veggies, that is enough proof that Mottie is a staunch Trump supported and a die hard fan of Bo Jo. Poor Mottie would just "want to get on with the job"....

Last edited:
Eventually. Not immediately. I’ve told you that on many occasions. Listen, why don’t you? The EU have got to reluctantly accept they need our business. They’ll learn. Mark my words.

Sponsored Links
Back