UK inflation 80% caused by brexit

economic growth 2022-05-24 at 19-48-08.png

Sponsored Links
I notice that people seem to have forgotten that the UK's inflation levels are highest in the G7. There are several EU countries in that.

Sponsored Links
What I'd like is a simple statement of which supermarket he goes to and why it is that all of the price increases/shortages are down to factors other than Brexit.

Loads of EU countries have higher food inflation than the UK.

Very few people will ever benefit from Brexit. A few very rich people will become more wealthy, and that’s it. The rest of the population will suffer.
Is that a fact or your best guess? If it’s a fact and you can see in the future, give me the numbers for the next Euromillions draw. Don’t post them publicly, PM me - I don’t want everyone benefitting from your exceptional foresight.

Very few people will ever benefit from Brexit. A few very rich people will become more wealthy, and that’s it. The rest of the population will suffer.
Just admit it man - you’re still smarting over the loss of cheap building labour for jobs that you sub out.

YES! I'd like to know where this magical supermarket is, especially as our weekly shopping bill has gone up by more than £20 since the beginning of 2020 (and there are just the two of us). Even M&S prices have gone up. Or maybe the poor dear is having problems operating his calculator
How much were you spending over two years ago on your weekly shop then?

Does the EU use exactly the same method of calculating inflation as the U.K? If not, those figures are meaningless just as other countries figures were mraningless when they used different criteria to calculate covid deaths.

He's quoting core inflation which excludes food and energy prices, bit odd when people are talking about food prices. Based on 'headline inflation', which includes food, energy and pretty much all the things people have to buy, UK has far from the highest inflation in Europe.

Sponsored Links
Back