VCW Sine 18 T3

al-yeti said:
, also the Differential valve was leaking and was replaced.

Thats what I call the system flow switch !

If it really has been replaced then the diaphragm in it will be assumed OK.

The pump torque has not been measured by the finger test! An index finger can just stop it but a small finger hardly!

The pump torque may be low or there may be a blockage anywhere in the boiler.

However before you bother with that you must sort out the diverter valve as that may be the cause.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Ok so hot water divertor valve is what we are talking about, which has the 5 pipes connected to it, which includes the hw expansion vessel.

waiting for mjt to deliver as locals are a rip off!!!

once its on will get back to.

many thanks

Yeti

dhw water section pin is sticking and not activating the micro switches in electronics box.

Why not service the water section (it is known as water section not a diverter)

Sponsored Links
This thing is rusted up bad , so new one will be better i think

OK this is where we stand

Flow switch is movin up and down making contact with micro switches on demand of HW and CH

Water Section is now making contact with microswitches in control box when demand comes from HW

Diff Valve is new

So the boiler now gives CH and HW with a problem STILL with the diff valve not getting enough pressure to push the gas pin on, you can flick the prv to get some slight movement on it and boiler lights up , this action is required for both HW and CH.

Pump is running cannot stop it with a screwdriver let alone a large finger!

Strange thing is if you leave it alone for a while INTIAL burst gives full pressure and the boiler lights up, after a little circulation in boiler when you turn it off, and immedialtey try again after a few mins, it has same problem again wont fire up, leave it for an hour or so or longer there is a sudden burst of energy when switching back on and it gives full pressure to diff valve and then same problem occurs if you turn it off again

so is it possible like you said a blockage somewhere or the blockage is occuring on circulation???

Yeti

Might just be air in the boiler !

There is a bleed screw at the heat exchanger which you cannot get at because its inside the combustion chamber!!!

Is the AAV working?

Tony

ok whats the AAV??? i can check that b4 calling mr corgi.......

also manual keeps talking about a venturi? is that just where the two pipes from the diff valve connect???

DOH! Auto air vent! , sorry just remebered that sits next to pump, which seems to be working fine,

So u think air in system, and whats the venturi?

Blockages can be anywhere... (sorry to those fed up with seeing this pic!)
Blocked-pump-4-78k.jpg

Yes true but there is no sign of rust or sludge when i inspected the water section , pump head...... unless what the manual says that a blockage maybe in the venturi what ever that is!

Is that it then , got to get mr corgi to open it up????? and check if it needs bleeding.

Ok serious question, am i aloud to open it myself bleed the air and then put cover back on, but not switch on???? then call mr corgi to do cert check and for leaks etc..... would it save money or mr corgi should do it all.

Regards
Yeti

If you want to correct or change anything that you have posted then you can use the top right "edit" key and do just that!

ahhhh so you got his reply deleted..... you lot are weird you know that

but thanks for the advice , remember you know where your edit butt on is, and not the one on the screen.

Yeti

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back