Visiting France

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Going to France shortly, and wondering if any of the rumoured visa requirements etc are in force yet. It's been discussed on here a few times so hoping it's easier to ask than searching the web.
TIA

Sponsored Links
Might also need headlamp beam converters depending on your headlamps and a UK sticker (not GB) on your registration plates.

Sponsored Links
Might also need headlamp beam converters depending on your headlamps and a UK sticker (not GB) on your registration plates.
I've got a UK sticker. I never bother with headlamp adjusters, I just turn them right down. Spoken to HGV drivers in the queue at the port and they tell me they don't use them. Can't understand why modern cars don't have a selector for LH or RH roads.

You'll also need a warning triangle and a fluorescent jacket easily accessible in your car...

And a 'Crit’Air' sticker may be needed if you drive in certain areas - kind of like ULEZ.

Also the drink drive limit is lower so be aware of that...

Plus if you use a phone as a satnav, you have to disable speed camera warnings...

. Can't understand why modern cars don't have a selector for LH or RH roads.
Some do. Some can even change your speedo to Km/Miles
Or it might be just the milometer. It's been a long time since I had such a facility.

You'll also need a warning triangle and a fluorescent jacket easily accessible in your car..
A gilet for each occupant of the car, accessible while you are in the car.

The 90kph speed limit on non-main roads has been reduced to 80kph.

Speed limit indicators on the sat nav are perfectly acceptable.

No excuse is needed to stop you for issues like breath testing.

Visa only required if staying beyond 90 days at the moment. Rain reduces speed limit by 10 kph and the drive on the other side of the road ;)

The minister who introduced it had shares in the company so its been shelved and consequently breathalysers have never been formally introduced.

Sponsored Links
Back