when do candidates need to be selected for a constituency

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My understanding is that there is an election in a few weeks but a major political party in my constituency don't seem to have selected a candidate. When exactly does this need to be done by ?

Sponsored Links
I dont think this leaves a lot of time for the selected candidate but i wonder if the details of the local candidate matter as maybe its the national leader who is of more interest

I dont think this leaves a lot of time for the selected candidate but i wonder if the details of the local candidate matter as maybe its the national leader who is of more interest
it matters in the sense that the parties need to do background checks in each candidate

a bunch of Reform candidates had to be stood down recently as they had toxic social media history (hardly surprising given the parties platform is racism and division)

Labour and Conservatives have had issues in the past with dodgy candidates

Sponsored Links
My understanding is that there is an election in a few weeks but a major political party in my constituency don't seem to have selected a candidate. When exactly does this need to be done by ?

Pretty soon. One of our friends is voting reform and has been out delivering leaflets for them. The candidate for her area had fùcked up his application form and had to re-submit them quickly but couldn’t get hold of all those that initially signed and supported his application so he asked her to be one of them. She said he's normally dressed pretty scruffily but the day he came round her house he was suited and booted. She remarked on that and he said he'd just come back from Clacton where he was supporting Nigel Farage but he had missed the milkshake throwing competition!

I just find it sad that people are taken in by right wing populism
One of the sadist aspects is Reform's approach - we wont gain power just some number of MP's. This means they can say what they like and are. Pretty common practice with any party that doesn't think it can win. Farage's ideas on taxation make Truss's look sensible.

Actually this aspect has put me right of changes from 1st past the post elections. The Lib coalition rammed it home. All those sorry aspects we didn't know we couldn't do it. Also what the greens achieved in Germany.

Waffle. I wonder what it will say when they produce one. So far we have Farage thoughts and pure waffle about all sorts of things on their web site. Changes but no clue as to how or any detail.

Candidate selection is quite a problem. A very large number of sitting MPs have realised their career is over and are throwing in the towel. In other cases the incumbent is going to be defeated.

That means a lot of inexperienced unknowns have to come forward.

In some cases they have experience and local recognition as councillors.

I have no idea what is right, left or centre. Is right bad, left good and centre ok?

To me, centre is good, and a bit left or right either side is fine.
Extremes are bad.

Extremes, especially to the right, rely on making a group or groups scapegoats, "the enemy": "commies", "foreigners", "immigrants",...............

.....and, when all else fails, they question someone's patriotism.

The candidate for her area had fùcked up his application form and had to re-submit them quickly
Farage managed to get signed up in time

GPToX6HW8AAXM7C

Sponsored Links
Back