WHY DO ALL THE RICH ENGLISH LIVE IN AMERICA

AdamW said:
Depending on your definition of rich (are we talking £1M, £10M or £100M?) I know plenty of rich people who live in the UK... think Park Lane, St George's Hill and all the other areas where houses cost £5M+ and none of them are mortgaged... or have they all suddenly emptied without anyone noticing except Bob?

Paul McCartney, richest musician ever... where is his main residence? Guess what. England.

Richard Branson, when not living on his private island, where does he spend most time? England.

Alan Sugar... do you see where I am going with this?

What about Madonna? She lives in England and is something of an Anglophile. In fact, the US media has poked fun at her about it in the same way you seem to think all "rich" Englishmen bu**er off to the US. :LOL:

mad donna has lived most of her life in L.A
ONLY TIME branson is seen in england is at the airport promoting is airline
and on the supermarket shelf selling pickles.
Alan sugar has homes all over the world just because they have property
here it does not mean they live there. to TO them houses are like rings on there fingers.
you dont see arnold swaztsnegger going back to austria do you.

Sponsored Links
Seeing as Arnie is an American citizen, I really wouldn't expect him to live primarily in Austria.

If I can just summarise here, am I right in thinking what you really mean is:

"Why do rich people have homes in other countries?"

The answer to this is:

"Because they can afford to, and most people would enjoy having homes abroad if they had the money."

Tune in next week to discuss: "Why do all the rich English people have more than one car?!" ;)

Sponsored Links
Back